Hypothetical: 1st-Clausen 2nd- Tate

I don't see the comparisons between Tate and these players. He's more like a poor man's Lee Evans. I think he would be hard to get the ball to in this division.

I'm not really in favor of drafting WR's early this year so I'm certainly not advocating reaching for a big WR like Hardy early. We have no QB and the lines are in dire need. I could see them selecting a big TE early on the second day and taking a flier late on a big wr along the lines of what SD did with Legedu Naane.

Please watch this:

Also just to throw it out there, Clausen and Tate played with one of the worst offensive lines in Notre Dame history, he is very good at avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions when he does scramble. (4int's in his senior year)

Tate is a guy that wants the ball, I actually see him surpassing Evans because Evans as much as I love him, does not demand the ball. Hes a go with the flow type of player. Tate will demand the ball comes his way because he wants that game changing play, something we lack on this team.

Right, but Jackson really only emerged in 2008, his 6 TDs in '06 notwithstanding. I think no doubt has their WR corps improved over the past few years, but their bread and butter was Gates, Tomlinson, Turner/Sproles really until LT began to break down.

Not sure where you are going with this. When Nix was hired as GM he made it clear he liked the way the personnel in SD he had helped assemble had handled the Colts. There was no Wes Welker there, nor has Welker ever played on a super bowl champion. Unquestionably what failed the Chargers this year was their running game. LT was terrible. He averaged 3.3 ypc. They kept trying to pound it in that playoff game versus the Jets which killed numerous drives and allowed the underdog Jets to escape with a victory.

Trent Edwards will be the bills starting qb in 2010. Accept it. Let's just hope we can improve the o line and chan and the staff can prove to be better than last years staff. They can't be any worse.....

Please watch this:

Also just to throw it out there, Clausen and Tate played with one of the worst offensive lines in Notre Dame history, he is very good at avoiding sacks and not throwing interceptions when he does scramble. (4int's in his senior year)

Tate is a guy that wants the ball, I actually see him surpassing Evans because Evans as much as I love him, does not demand the ball. Hes a go with the flow type of player. Tate will demand the ball comes his way because he wants that game changing play, something we lack on this team.

He's on national tv every week. He's a nice prospect but I don't see Wes Welker or DeShaun Jackson(two totally different types of players, btw). Go back and look at Josh Reed when he won the Belitnikoff at LSU. There was a time when Reed actually looked like more than just an adequate slot receiver. More comparable perhaps.

I'm not saying the Bills don't need help in the slot, but perhaps the Bills would find a more favorable matchup by putting a TE in the slot more often than not. A two-TE set is actually much more flexible and in a division where the secondaries are deep it's probably a better approach, IMO. If a slot receiver is needed, try to develop one like most teams do instead of using premium picks on one.

Not sure where you are going with this. When Nix was hired as GM he made it clear he liked the way the personnel in SD he had helped assemble had handled the Colts. There was no Wes Welker there, nor has Welker ever played on a super bowl champion. Unquestionably what failed the Chargers this year was their running game. LT was terrible. He averaged 3.3 ypc. They kept trying to pound it in that playoff game versus the Jets which killed numerous drives and allowed the underdog Jets to escape with a victory.

My point was that their receiving corps was less impressive when their running game was at its peak and LT was at his best. The balance has simply shifted from Great TE+great ground game to Great TE+strong air attack with Jackson's emergence. Before this was basically a long string of mediocrity from the WR corps in San Diego, and an over-the-middle slasher would have helped. That's all I'm saying. I do agree with you that DJ and WW are different receivers altogether. But if you're saying that they wouldn't have been helped immeasurably by trading for Welker instead of drafting Craig Davis, I just disagree.

That Welker has not been on a Super Bowl Champion is a bit of a straw-man argument. Nor has Randy Moss. Nor has Steve Smith. Nor has Jim Kelly. That doesn't mean that these kinds of players don't make their teams better. I think Tate's impact could equal the impact DJ, WW and other guys who are great at getting open have for their teams. You disagree; that's fine. I respect your football opinion.

The comparisons to Welker are questionable at best. Also we dont have Tom Brady to throw Tate the ball, and while Wes is good, Brady makes him that much better, which is why he was traded from Miami.

and still no offensive line. When will you people learn??

:lol: My thoughts exactly. Geez, we need line help on both lines but people are still hollering about qb's and receivers. Neither one of the aforementioned is going to succeed without a NT to help stop the run, the opposing team will dictate the offense flow of the game. Then we'll be playing catch up, that means an young QB throwing behind a line where there's a lack of talent providing protection from his blind side. Screw the sexy friggin PICKS! RD 1 OL/DL RD2 OL/DL!!!!! Run the ball and stop the run, we don't need a superstar at QB just yet just someone who can manage the game. Picking a receiver anywhere in the first 3 rounds to me will be like Tom D picking Willis Maghee with our previous first round pick when there was glaring needs elswhere. IMHO Clausen in the first round if he falls and the top 3 tackles are gone. Then at that point RD 2 OL/DL RD 3 OL/DL. I'm no expert and don't claim to be one, just adding my two cents from what I've seen watching every friggin Bills game for the last several years. Paying a kings ransom to Directv and by mid season see the writing on the wall that the Bills are going nowhere. ANYWAY GO BILLS!!!