My updated mock draft

Rd 1 Derrick Morgan G.T. The staff knows him well. Our pass rushing OLB .

Rd 2 Charles Brown OT USC. Money Maybin remembers him.

Rd 3 Linval Joseph NT East Carolina Big Fast Strong.

Rd 4 Ben Tate Auburn Great production. Great Value pick. Yeah 3 backs Lynch could be traded. Where I don`t know. Player or pick.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a great draft. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Those who disagree with this draft follow the typical Bills fan mindset. Ie, they would like us to "reach" in the draft in order to fill holes. Maybin was an example of that gone bad, so was McKelvin (I know he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself yet, but his coverage skills are still very iffy, injury or no injury). I like Lynch, but Lynch was even an example of that.

The Bills need to build through the lines. If Bulaga and Okung are gone by 9, I think the Bills seriously need to evaluate how much of a risk they want to take on Davis and Campbell. Both represent contradictions to Nix's philosophy (college players with a strong 2-4 year track record of excellence). T. Williams is a candidate, but putting him at LT is risky IMO. Could he adapt? Sure. But, his track record is anything but solid at LT. The guy is going to be a RT long term and the Bills can find an RT in later rounds.

I think that at pick 9, the Bills need to take the best player available for either their defensive front 7 (Kindle, Morgan, McClain, Graham) or for their O-Line (we all know the names of the OT candidates at the 9 spot). With Bulaga and Okung likely gone, the Bills will have their pick of the top pass rushing linebacker/DE on the draft board and I don't think they should hesitate to pull the trigger if the right guy is there.

It is very likely that Davis or Campbell will fall. The Bills can always trade back into the 1st to acquire one of these guys if they like.

Rd 4 Ben Tate Auburn Great production. Great Value pick. Yeah 3 backs Lynch could be traded. Where I don`t know. Player or pick.

This is a good effort, and the kind of draft I can see the Bills having. Not a very 'sexy' draft, and our biggest need is still QB but I like getting the OT in the 2nd round and Charles Brown can develop into a very good LT.

Ben Tate, is he the kind of back Gailey wants? I do not know much about him

I think its a great draft. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Those who disagree with this draft follow the typical Bills fan mindset. Ie, they would like us to "reach" in the draft in order to fill holes. Maybin was an example of that gone bad, so was McKelvin (I know he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself yet, but his coverage skills are still very iffy, injury or no injury). I like Lynch, but Lynch was even an example of that.

The Bills need to build through the lines. If Bulaga and Okung are gone by 9, I think the Bills seriously need to evaluate how much of a risk they want to take on Davis and Campbell. Both represent contradictions to Nix's philosophy (college players with a strong 2-4 year track record of excellence). T. Williams is a candidate, but putting him at LT is risky IMO. Could he adapt? Sure. But, his track record is anything but solid at LT. The guy is going to be a RT long term and the Bills can find an RT in later rounds.

I think that at pick 9, the Bills need to take the best player available for either their defensive front 7 (Kindle, Morgan, McClain, Graham) or for their O-Line (we all know the names of the OT candidates at the 9 spot). With Bulaga and Okung likely gone, the Bills will have their pick of the top pass rushing linebacker/DE on the draft board and I don't think they should hesitate to pull the trigger if the right guy is there.

It is very likely that Davis or Campbell will fall. The Bills can always trade back into the 1st to acquire one of these guys if they like.

Thanks . I guess your stupid also. :thumbsup:

Sorry Qbs and Big name OT`s are gone by our pick.

I problem is everything I have read or heard is the morgan will not be a olb in a 3/4

brown is a great pick at 2

but joseph is a reach at 3

by round 4 who knows but I would be looking at right tackles Callaway , young , maybe fox slides something like that

If the tackles or gone or Buddy only sees them as right tackles this pick is going to be very interesting. I would be all for moving down but there has to be a player that someone wants to move up for.

jsut for kicks how about this

1 graham

2 cody althought looks like he is rising again maybe reach for thomas here we have to get a 3/4 n.t

3 fox

4 callaway

or you can

1 dan williams , although he is what buddy would call a 1 year wonder

2 brown or safford

3 dexter m

4 fox or callaway

I problem is everything I have read or heard is the morgan will not be a olb in a 3/4

brown is a great pick at 2

but joseph is a reach at 3

by round 4 who knows but I would be looking at right tackles Callaway , young , maybe fox slides something like that

If the tackles or gone or Buddy only sees them as right tackles this pick is going to be very interesting. I would be all for moving down but there has to be a player that someone wants to move up for.

jsut for kicks how about this

1 graham

2 cody althought looks like he is rising again maybe reach for thomas here we have to get a 3/4 n.t

3 fox

4 callaway

or you can

1 dan williams , although he is what buddy would call a 1 year wonder

2 brown or safford

3 dexter m

4 fox or callaway

Fox is slow doesn`t bend has short arms...projected as a guard. Dexter m..? callaway?

Fox is slow doesn`t bend has short arms...projected as a guard. Dexter m..? callaway?

fox is a gamer, team capitain maybe not a left tackle but we need a right tackle going forward

kyle calloway from Iowa played both sides

Dexter McCluskey the kind of player Chan just said he wanted to add

fox is a gamer, team capitain maybe not a left tackle but we need a right tackle going forward

kyle calloway from Iowa played both sides

Dexter McCluskey the kind of player Chan just said he wanted to add

Is Dexter that real little scatback I saw at the combine? He was like a buck seventy ?

Is Dexter that real little scatback I saw at the combine? He was like a buck seventy ?

yeah he is small and fast . Not saying that is what I would want but Chan gailey said he wanted to add a scat back type to the mix

yeah he is small and fast . Not saying that is what I would want but Chan gailey said he wanted to add a scat back type to the mix

One Roscoe is Enough. I know Roscoe is a WR . That little dude will get snapped like a twig running out of the backfield. Like I said one Roscoe is enough,to throw screens to and run reverses. :thumbsup:

One Roscoe is Enough. I know Roscoe is a WR . That little dude will get snapped like a twig running out of the backfield. Like I said one Roscoe is enough,to throw screens to and run reverses. :thumbsup:

Sounded like he wanted a sporles type

One Roscoe is Enough. I know Roscoe is a WR . That little dude will get snapped like a twig running out of the backfield. Like I said one Roscoe is enough,to throw screens to and run reverses. :wallbash:

lol, Cluster and Parrish are in no way shape or form the same. McCluster ran the ball in the SEC and took hits and keep going. Parrish was a WR in the SEC were he never got hit nor ran it up the gut.

I could live with this draft. Gets some talent at the LT, OLB, and NT positions that should be able to help eventually. I'm not looking to this draft for instant starters necessarily, so I think the goal is to get eventual starters at these positions. Hopefully at some point during the season, the LT can takeover, if not from the beginning. I think they have enough talent at OLB and along the line to allow the rookies there to platoon.