New TV

Yes! For an HDMI cable, never get roped into paying $50 or $90 or whatever they charge at BestBuy for the stupid Monster Cable brand. Biggest ripoff there is.

You do not get more for your money with a digital cable!

Just get the cheapest one you can find that's long enough.

My brother does installs for TW, and has customers hand him their "special cables" they got at Best Buy, etc. He hands them right back and tells them where to get them cheaper.

My brother does installs for TW, and has customers hand him their "special cables" they got at Best Buy, etc. He hands them right back and tells them where to get them cheaper.

I used to get monster cables at 65% off retail. I bought over 12K of eletronic equipment when I worked at Tweeter, the only purchases I regret, were all the monster cables.

However, I do have a nice surge/line conditioner with an analog dial on it that lights up blue. :blink:

i guess if u consider a Bills forum as the expert information source for electronics

He didn't need expert information on electronics, he had a very simple question, hence "simple online research." Where else can he get a hundred people to read his question and several to answer this quickly, and have the benefit of knowing the personalities of the posters and thus can afford answers weight based on the poster if needed. And, several people on this board have actually demonstrated pretty extensive knowledge of electronics over the years.

The point is....for all the 'help with my homework' jokes, this is a perfectly reasonable place to ask such general questions.

The point is....for all the 'help with my homework' jokes, this is a perfectly reasonable place to ask such general questions.

The point I'd like to make about that, for those not familar, is when she started her thread she said the teacher told the class to use the internet to find currency exchange rates. And that was the beginning of the end for Sue.

Monoprice was down for a while, they had an issue with customers credit card info being stolen.

Which can happen to any business now days. But their handling of it was nothing short of amazing. How many companies would shut their entire website down until they find the problem? Plus, they gave real time updates about the investigation instead of trying to keep it hush.

Even if my info was stolen from them, they would still have a customer for life.

The point I'd like to make about that, for those not familar, is when she started her thread she said the teacher told the class to use the internet to find currency exchange rates. And that was the beginning of the end for Sue.

The other part about that whole business was that she never (not even for a second) backed down from her ludicrous position of being totally humorless and confrontational about it. The beautiful irony being that her inability to see the small humor in the beginning made her the butt of a much larger joke in the end.

The other part about that whole business was that she never (not even for a second) backed down from her ludicrous position of being totally humorless and confrontational about it. The beautiful irony being that her inability to see the small humor in the beginning made her the butt of a much larger joke in the end.

Anyone got a link to this? Apparently I missed something good.