Am i the only one who doesnt think Ben is that goo

daquixers

It seems as if I am the only one that Ben Roethlisberger doesnt impress the heck out of.  I was impressed early on when he was putting up good numbers for the first 3-4 games when Staley was getting 70-80 yards a game. The last 3-4 games, Bettis has been rushing for 130-140 yards a game and Ben seems to just dump the ball off and the guy runs 30 yards for a recieving TD. He doesnt impress me that much. His last 3 games he has thrown 3 TD's, 2 Int's, 12 sacks, and 2 fumbles --- sounds like Bledsoe stats. Maybe worse.

135755[/snapback]

But look at his QB rating. He is 6th in the NFL. Also, if you take out his worst two games, he is even better. :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493043/gamelogs/2004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But look at his QB rating.  He is 6th in the NFL.  Also, if you take out his worst two games, he is even better.  :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493043/gamelogs/2004

135825[/snapback]

He has faced the "incredible defenses" of Miami, Cinci, Cleveland, Dallas, Philly, NE, Cleveland and Cinci again ...

So he has faced 2 good defenses NE, Philly and today Washington. Yet he has played 6 defenses that are bad to terrible.

Now lets look when he played those 2 GOOD defenses. He had a good game against NE - but lets look at Philly:

11/18 for 183 yards, 2 TD's, 1 interception, 1 fumble, and 3 sacks

Not exactly stellar. He does good against bad defenses and mediocare against good defenses.

I know your in your early teens and think you know everything about the game.

GUESS WHAT YOU DONT.

135826[/snapback]

Even if he is in his early teens, there is no reason to attack him. Besides if he is in his teens, you have to be careful. You may need him to look up something on the internet for your next homework assignment. :doh:

He has faced the "incredible defenses" of Miami, Cinci, Cleveland, Dallas, Philly, NE, Cleveland and Cinci again ...

So he has faced 2 good defenses NE, Philly and today Washington. Yet he has played 6 defenses that are bad to terrible.

Now lets look when he played those 2 GOOD defenses. He had a good game against NE - but lets look at Philly:

11/18 for 183 yards, 2 TD's, 1 interception, 1 fumble, and 3 sacks

Not exactly stellar. He does good against bad defenses and mediocare against good defenses.

135830[/snapback]

I think a bigger factor is he is surrounded by good people. Regardless, he is playing very well. There are a lot of QB's that play bad defenses and they are not doing nearly as well.

I think a bigger factor is he is surrounded by good people.  Regardless, he is playing very well.  There are a lot of QB's that play bed defenses and they are not doing nearly as well.

135840[/snapback]

That is exactly my point my man! He is surrounded by a great team.

AGAIN - for the THIRD time - Im not saying he is bad. Just not as good as everyone makes him out to be

That is exactly my point my man! He is surrounded by a great team.

AGAIN - for the THIRD time - Im not saying he is bad. Just not as good as everyone makes him out to be

135850[/snapback]

As a player, you cannot control the schedule you play and the players around you. What you can control is your own performance. Rothesberger has made the most of his opportunity. Also, the offense has been better than with Maddox. The guy is the real deal.

in the same way the Bledsoe get all the hate when the Bills lose even if its not his fault, Big Ben is get all of the credit as Pitt wins, even if he's doing nothing special.

The media is stupid, they can't see past the wins/loss column.

135863[/snapback]

Exactly. But people dont seem to see it. But you agree with me so you must be a "early teen" also - LMAO :doh:

in the same way the Bledsoe get all the hate when the Bills lose even if its not his fault, Big Ben is get all of the credit as Pitt wins, even if he's doing nothing special.

The media is stupid, they can't see past the wins/loss column.

135863[/snapback]

Bledsoe is a 10 year veteran. He is supposed to be a superstar raising the performance of his teammates. He isn't even close. He has not even come close to lifting his team up.

Pick ANY stats! Wins and Losses (the most important one), turnovers, sacks, QB ratings, lack of 300 yard games, etc. Bledsoe hasn't gotten it done.

I will watch today's game. I will hope and pray that Bledsoe does well. I would like nothing more to be wrong but this guy is bad.

Rothesberger has played well and you can keep trying to deny it but it is the truth.

Who would you rather have as your QB, Rothesberger or Bledsoe?