Dan LeFevour Dan LeFevour Dan LeFevour

1B4IDie

Clausen or Bradford do not have the "throw the franchise on their back and win" look or feel.

They just happen to be the best QBs in the draft this year. I don't think any analysts think they're going to be franchise changing QBs. I read a lot of Mock drafts and a lot of draft analysts and no where in the wash is anyone saying these guys are going to be able to win now.

If your going to take a QB in the Top 10 you better atleast have the illusion that he can be worthy of top 10 pick somewhere down the line. Beside the die hard Notre Dame people (the strangest fan base in sports, most people have nothing to do with Notre Dame except they went to a Catholic High School in America) no one believe Clausen can carry a franchise.

Why draft him that high?

If Clausen isn't there at 2.09 (I know its extremely very unlikely) Dan LeFevour may be there.

This guy is big, strong, tall, smart and Went 12-2 with a below average talent around him.

He seems the perfect answer after passing on the top rated big name QB prospects in 2009. Clausen is rated as the number 25-35 individual player however he may be drafted in the top 15. That is going to be a huge out lay of cash just because 2009 is a bad year for QBs.

Dan LeFevour is rated #120- #30 (big range because he is off the radar for some "experts") Get him with the #41 pick and you are getting much more value. If you had this guy in lineup doing drills next to Clausen you wouldn't be able to pick out who went to Notre Dame and who went to Central Michigan.

Plus the assumption is you pass on Clausen to get a big LT to protect your QB.

Yes...

Round 1...OT Trent Williams/Bryan Bulaga

Round 2...OT If you got Trent Williams in the first then you get Veldheer with this pick if he's there, if you got Bulaga in the first you take Ducasse here if available...if Cody is available you take him over another OT but if not...snatch another Tackle here

Round 3...NT Joseph

Round 4...QB Skelton, Pike, Snead whoever is available

We NEED to get a OLT!!! If Tebow falls to us in the 2nd round I would think they would jump all over him. As far as LaFevour or Skelton. If they were there late in the 4th or past maybe they take a shot at one of them. I know we need a QB but, if we can build up the tallent around that position then maybe we can actually have a shot at keeping the QB alive for the full season :rolleyes:

Tebow does not = Lefevour

Lefevour has the potential to be a Frank Reich back up. A solid man to go to should the starter go down. Or, he could develope into a full fledged starter. I endorse this pick and Buffalo should grab him in the 2nd rd.

The attacks on people that bring up talent such as this only goes to put their total lack of historical ineptitude on display. They have absolutely no understanding of what it would take to build a true winner. You only have to go back to the 85 to 90 drafts and FA signings to see where this team needs to go.

In that era they picked up an impact player or 2 a season through the draft and added an immense amount of depth. They utilized FA to gather the rest of the components necessary to make them a contender in the early 90's.

Yes...

Round 1...OT Trent Williams/Bryan Bulaga

Round 2...OT If you got Trent Williams in the first then you get Veldheer with this pick if he's there, if you got Bulaga in the first you take Ducasse here if available...if Cody is available you take him over another OT but if not...snatch another Tackle here

Round 3...NT Joseph

Round 4...QB Skelton, Pike, Snead whoever is available

I think both Williams and Bulaga will be gone by 9. Washington's Oline is worse than ours. Then you have Detroit, KC, Seattle and Oakland all with obvious oline needs. Just listening to Sirius, I haven't anything good about Velheer or Ducasse (other than size).

I'm think it will look more like:

1. Claussen or trade down

2. Charlie Brown or Tim Tebow

3. Jason Fox or Cam Thomas.

Clausen or Bradford do not have the "throw the franchise on their back and win" look or feel.

They just happen to be the best QBs in the draft this year. I don't think any analysts think they're going to be franchise changing QBs. I read a lot of Mock drafts and a lot of draft analysts and no where in the wash is anyone saying these guys are going to be able to win now.

If your going to take a QB in the Top 10 you better atleast have the illusion that he can be worthy of top 10 pick somewhere down the line. Beside the die hard Notre Dame people (the strangest fan base in sports, most people have nothing to do with Notre Dame except they went to a Catholic High School in America) no one believe Clausen can carry a franchise.

Why draft him that high?

If Clausen isn't there at 2.09 (I know its extremely very unlikely) Dan LeFevour may be there.

This guy is big, strong, tall, smart and Went 12-2 with a below average talent around him.

He seems the perfect answer after passing on the top rated big name QB prospects in 2009. Clausen is rated as the number 25-35 individual player however he may be drafted in the top 15. That is going to be a huge out lay of cash just because 2009 is a bad year for QBs.

Dan LeFevour is rated #120- #30 (big range because he is off the radar for some "experts") Get him with the #41 pick and you are getting much more value. If you had this guy in lineup doing drills next to Clausen you wouldn't be able to pick out who went to Notre Dame and who went to Central Michigan.

Plus the assumption is you pass on Clausen to get a big LT to protect your QB.

Doing me a LeFavor Doing me a LeFavor Doing me a LeFavor , He's NOT our man

I think both Williams and Bulaga will be gone by 9. Washington's Oline is worse than ours. Then you have Detroit, KC, Seattle and Oakland all with obvious oline needs. Just listening to Sirius, I haven't anything good about Velheer or Ducasse (other than size).

I'm think it will look more like:

1. Claussen or trade down

2. Charlie Brown or Tim Tebow

3. Jason Fox or Cam Thomas.

Why do you think Claussen is worth #9?

The guy can't "develop" when he is getting paid that much as a rookie.

He Maybe gets 1 year on the bench.

After that some dude at SoHo will give him another blackeye as a second year scrub when he throws 3 picks against the Dolphins.

I'm talking football business not Fantasy football.

A lot of pressure comes with a #9 QB pick.

Why do you think Claussen will be able to perform?

And LeFavour is gone before the Bills pick at 3.09 for sure.

I'm not saying LeFavour in the first I don't where you would get that from.

I'm saying take the best tackle available.

We passed on Michael Oher last year for silly reasons. How much better would we all feel if we had Oher instead of Maybin?

Just take the best available LT at first. End of Story.

Start the draft speculation at 2.09.

Tebow does not = Lefevour

I know. Tebow is a much greater commodity, hence he will be drafted well before Lefevour. If Tebow were available at 2.09 then its an absolute no brainer. But he won't be. We will need to trade down in the first to get Tebow, although I'm not exactly positive that is in our best interest. I believe we should do whatever is necessary to land Tebow, but I also acknowledge the argument that drafting a great LT at #9 has very real merit. I do think that if we cannot get 1 of the 2 premier OTs at #9, then we have to trade down and take Tebow, no matter which side of that coin you are on.

Just so you know, every team is going to say that Tebow is a 2nd rounder, because they want him to slide in the first. That much is obvious to me. But some QB starved team is going to decide to grab him while they have the chance. It is going to happen and it will be in the first round. We can come back to this post later to bask in my right-ness after the draft.

I know. Tebow is a much greater commodity, hence he will be drafted well before Lefevour. If Tebow were available at 2.09 then its an absolute no brainer. But he won't be. We will need to trade down in the first to get Tebow, although I'm not exactly positive that is in our best interest. I believe we should do whatever is necessary to land Tebow, but I also acknowledge the argument that drafting a great LT at #9 has very real merit. I do think that if we cannot get 1 of the 2 premier OTs at #9, then we have to trade down and take Tebow, no matter which side of that coin you are on.

Just so you know, every team is going to say that Tebow is a 2nd rounder, because they want him to slide in the first. That much is obvious to me. But some QB starved team is going to decide to grab him while they have the chance. It is going to happen and it will be in the first round. We can come back to this post later to bask in my right-ness after the draft.

You may very well be right...The thing about Tebow that I see is the fact that he may very well need more work than some Prospects, but he's going work harder than the next guy to get the kinks out...I think Tebow takes advice REAL well and he realizes what he needs to do...The concerns guys like Casserly have don't necessarily mean a thing with Prospects like Tebow because he's the exact opposite a lazy Kid...And he does have a lot to build on ability-wise...This whole "reverting when tired" thing is a fine theory for a Scout, but Tebow's no normal QB Prospect...He's driven FAR beyond what the average Kid is...It's inside...Something you can't measure or Scout all that well...I'm not saying Tebow is going to be the next Steve Young or anything like that...I'm just saying...How do you bet against a Kid like that?

I hoping The Bills Trade Down, maybe even a couple times, to secure some extra premium Picks in this Draft...I think if they want Tebow, and maybe Terrence Cody, a Trade Down makes a LOT of sense...I'm really hoping they can work a deal or two in the 1st Round and land those 2 along the way... :thumbsup: