(OT) Alexander sucks.

ICE

I tend to shy away from movies where all the guys are wearing dresses anyway. That movie had clunker written all over it just from the trailer.

135498[/snapback]

Braveheart is still the best movie IMHO. Seriously...alexander was plain awful.

Braveheart is still the best movie IMHO.  Seriously...alexander was plain awful.

135499[/snapback]

Braveheart was very good. I thought whoever played his wife was one of the prettiest women I'd seen on the screen in a while, too. Gladiator was tolerable, barely.

All in all, I don't go to movies any more as the majority seem to suck.

Braveheart was very good. I thought whoever played his wife was one of the prettiest women I'd seen on the screen in a while, too. Gladiator was tolerable, barely.

All in all, I don't go to movies any more as the majority seem to suck.

135504[/snapback]

And It's just too damn expensive with a family. I think the next one I will actually see at the Movies is Revenge of the Sith. Other than that, wait for them to convert over to the $1.00 movies here in town.

Actually, he was Bi. It was the fashion of the time. Everyone was doing it.  Where do you think the term "Greek Style" came from?

And, as an aside, what's with all this Alexander fascination suddenly (TV documentaries, two movies, etc)? Is it the three thousandth anniversary of the conquest of Persia or something?

135469[/snapback]

My western heritage teacher was so interesting. Too bad she no longer teaches at my school. She was not happy with the not having closeness of the Handicapped parking spaces. But, I was gratefull to have had to opportunity to gain from her.

My western heritage teacher was so interesting. Too bad she no longer teaches at my school. She was not happy with the not having closeness of the Handicapped parking spaces. But, I was gratefull to have had to opportunity to gain from her.

135589[/snapback]

She gave up 3rd grade..omg <_<

No mrs. baldini got her masters in History. She teaches at county college of morris county. The most informative college professor I had. Got a A+ in both classes.

135607[/snapback]

Oh that mrs Baldini,,,I thought you meant the straight one,,sorry <_<:D

My favorite part of her western heritage part 1 was the egyptians. The art mostly.

Did not know that the bird Horus was the sign of death. The next time you view egyptian art check it. The bird only appears in pictures of royalty members that have passed on.

Also, that they built the pyramids high pointed to be closer to their god.

My favorite part of her western heritage part 1 was the egyptians. The art mostly.

Did not know that the bird Horus was the sign of death. The next time you view egyptian art check it. The bird only appears in pictures of royalty members that have passed on.

Also, that they built the pyramids high pointed to be closer to their god.

135616[/snapback]

Dang it..I was lookin at hyro's the other day..wish I'd have known that then... <_<:D

I agree 100% This was one God awful movie. I just kept hoping they would stop monlouging and just let the movie die, but they just kept talking.

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other on Oliver Stone movies. Any Given Sunday was mildly enjoyable, and some of his other movies aren't so bad. That being said, I hereby impose a lifetime ban on all things Oliver Stone. Alexander was that bad... three hours of my life and seven dollars that I'll never get back.