oddly enough Drew only has had 2 bad games

daquixers

I want JP in as much as the next guy, but this is odd IMO - Drew has had only 2 bad games ...

Week 1 - 93.9 passer rating

Week 2 - 78.1 passer rating

Week 3 - Bye

Week 4 - 83.6 passer rating

Week 5 - 85.0 passer rating

Week 6 - 90.2 passer rating

Week 7 - 30.4 passer rating

Week 8 - 100.4 passer rating

Week 9 - 88.8 passer rating

Week 10 - 14.3 passer rating

Week 11 - 108.5 passer rating

Just interested me. Maybe it wont interest you. Slow day in news. But if you take those 2 games away he is averaging a passer rating of 91.2 ... would you guys be mad at that??

I think thats the biggest thing we have to remember. If we won those games we are 6-4 (refs screwed us in Oakland) , Drew has a 91.2 passer rating and Losman's name is only mentioned in here, when his mother wants to come in and chat with us.

Amazing how much 2 games can screw fans against a player. Oh well.

You wouldnt be calling for heads IF we started 0-4 next year?? ARe YOU kidding me? What kind of fan are you to accept 0-4 and NOt say anything about it! You got blinders on my friend! Quit hating on Drew and wake up to the world that we live in! The world that sees its our O-line, dosent matter what QB is behind it! Look at this year how we started and how people reacted!!!

135111[/snapback]

giants a lot smarter than us . getting the kids feet wet . that is what we should be doing.

135115[/snapback]

The Giants veteran QB only has 6 TD's --- Drew has double that ...

giants a lot smarter than us . getting the kids feet wet . that is what we should be doing.

135115[/snapback]

Obviously the kid isnt ready! He even said he wasnt ready! Why put him in and make him look like a fool, and lose any confidence he might have had! By the way, did you actually SEE Eli's debut? Pretty nasty!!!Warner would have faired much better!

Are you just trying to raise your post total?  :lol:

135113[/snapback]

don't need alot of words to say assdrew sucks . if you think that assdrew is so good then why did new england get rid of him ?you cann't tell me that 2 bad years will turn around any time soon .he has lost the edge he just cann't get it done anymore , its time to move on . OPEN YOUR EYES see how he plays like stevestojan . :P

Then why are you defending Drew??? :P

Get with the program! :lol:

135128[/snapback]

Because, while I would like to see JP play and see what type of play he brings to the table, if our current QB can bring us to the playoffs then I want him to start.

I dont care about DREW persay. As I said before - I wouldnt care if Donald Trump was our QB - if he brought us to the playoffs, then I would support him also.

I want JP in as much as the next guy, but this is odd IMO - Drew has had only 2 bad games ...

Week 3 - Bye

Just interested me. Maybe it wont interest you. Slow day in news. But if you take those 2 games away he is averaging a passer rating of 91.2 ... would you guys be mad at that??

135093[/snapback]

We lost on the last play of the game in week 1 by being KzooMike to the pass in the end zone. That game took something out of this team. Now, I like that they can see that this team can play together. As far as Drew is concerned, right now he's the best quarterback on the roster. Everyone has a bad game from time to time. As long as you don't have more than 2, I think you could be alright.

don't need alot of words to say assdrew sucks . if you think that assdrew is so good then why did new england get rid of him ?you cann't tell me that 2 bad years will turn around any time soon .he has lost the edge he just cann't get it done anymore , its time to move on . OPEN YOUR EYES see how he plays like stevestojan . :lol:

135127[/snapback]

NE traded Bledsoe because they had a much better QB in Brady and with the extension they wanted and needed to give this SB winning 6th round draft pick QB, their salary cap simply did not allow them the luxury of hanging on to Bledsoe's lifetime contract.

It is an interesting question as to whether if the Bills hadn't dropped a future 1st rounder on him would they have cut him or let him go. Actually, his trade value might have dropped to a Corey Dillonesqu second rounder over time, but the Bills badly needed to replace RJ and AVP so this deal for a future 1st was a good one for us.

Certainly, the first year results where the Bills scored a near record improvement from 3-13 to 8-8 and Bledsoe and others on the O made the Pro Bowl had this being a great deal initially for the Bills. The rape of NE intially became complete when even the chance to smoke Bledsoe twice in head to head games was not enough to even get BB team into the playoffs that year.

However, the fortunes of life turned completely next year with Bledso's horrid play last yearand NE recovered from the accelerated cap hit from trading Bledsoe to sign FA Harrison and get better reserves as injury forced them to did deep.

I'm virtually certain NE wuld not have even made the playoffs, much less win the SB in the 2001 season if Bledsoe had not gotten hurt, and the team became a TEAM pulling together for Brady.

However, make no mistake, Bledsoe did come in for a majority of the championship game for an injured Brady and played a key role in helping them win a must-win game. Further, rather falling back on the old NFL saw that a player does not lose his job to injury, Bledsoe proved to be a team player in gracefully stepping aside for the more effective QB and they won it all.

I think they ditched Bledsoe because they had to but not because they wanted to. I think that TD made a big mistake by sticking with Bledsoe and not looking elsewhere for a QB in the off-season, but make no mistake about it, with the best in HC work from Parcells and BB, a team can make and win the SB with Bledsoe playing a big role.

The Bills strike me as a dollar short and a day late investing in him with a rookie HC, but he has the SB and AFC Championship rings (unlike virtually all other pros) and deserves 'em from my view.

Because, while I would like to see JP play and see what type of play he brings to the table, if our current QB can bring us to the playoffs then I want him to start.

I dont care about DREW persay. As I said before - I wouldnt care if Donald Trump was our QB - if he brought us to the playoffs, then I would support him also.

135132[/snapback]

Donald Trump? I was all for Annette Funicello.

Bledsoe is the here and now. Losman is the draft pick rookie. Just a hunch, but he might be a better one long term if he's played when he's ready and earns the job. Ice squauks about "Leader" all the time (he might even have followed a few, maybe).

In my experience, I've never seen a leader who was just handed something turn out to be a true leader. There will always be a stigma. I'd like to see what JP can do too, but I'm cursed with patience. Those with any success over the long haul, earned it. In my not so humble but also KzooMike opinion...later. If Buffalo finds themselves in a laugher (San Fran), put JP in then for game practice. I'm all for that. But even though I know it's been the crap since the erly 90's, rushing things will give the Bills more time towards a Bowl rather than less. Rushing things could also be a matter of one or two games.

Week 3 - Bye

135093[/snapback]

I am not a big fan of this stat. However, if you want to use it, let use it. Drew currently has a QB rating that is 26th in a 32 team league. The average QB rating is currently 87.22. That means Drew has been above average in only five games and barely above average in two others.

If Drew was a journeyman QB, I would have a better time accepting that performance. However, he is a multi million dollar QB who cost us a first round draft pick and counts millions towards our cap. He is one of the worst values in that position in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2004/regular

I am not a big fan of this stat.  However, if you want to use it, let use it.  Drew currently has a QB rating that is 26th in a 32 team league.  The average QB rating is currently 87.22.  That means Drew has been above average in only five games and barely above average in two others. 

If Drew was a journeyman QB, I would have a better time accepting that performance.  However, he is a multi million dollar QB who cost us a first round draft pick and counts millions towards our cap.  He is one of the worst values in that position in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2004/regular

135173[/snapback]

Take away those 2 games and your talking about him at #10 with Brett Favre.

Take away those 2 games and your talking about him at #10 with Brett Favre.

135178[/snapback]

That isn't a fair statement because you are taking away his worst two games. You have to take away everyone else's worst two games. My guess is he is higher than 26th but still not a multimillion dollar QB.