Whose fans/city deserve Superbowl title the most?

Cereal

Hey all,

There was a recent article analyzing which NHL teams' FANBASE/REGION "deserve" to win the cup the most (check out who's #1....):

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3210...e-Cup-most.html

I ask.... What would the list look like for the NFL? Obviously, many here will say Buffalo at #1...

Here are some other teams I would consider to be near the top of this list:

Cleveland

Cincy

KC

I hesitate to suggest Philly, Wash., NYJ, Minnesota, Oakland, Chicago?

Here is my top 10.

1. Buffalo

2. Cleveland

I only put Buffalo a head of Cleveland for obvious reasons but I think either or would make a great case for number 1. However if Lebron James leads the Cavs to a championship this year then Cleveland falls significantly down on the charts.

3. San Diego

Neither the Chargers or the Padres ever won a Championship. The fans there have been waiting like us....not to mention they are also in the elite group of cities that lost the Clippers like us.

4. Seattle

Lost the Sonics....Mariners never won a World Series...however this city has the dubious honor of being the first American city to win the Stanley Cup in 1917.

5. Cincinatti

The Reds won a World Series 20 years ago so I don't feel too bad for them.

6. Kansas City

They won a Superbowl, but that was way before many of us were around to see it.

7. Houston

They have a great fan base, lost their team for a few years. I'd put them higher but the Rockets won a couple championships while Michael Jordan decided to give Triple A baseball a try.

8. Atlanta

Never won a Superbowl, the Braves haven't won a World Series in a while. I don't see the Hawks or Thrashers winning a championship any time soon.

9. Minnesota

The Twins haven't won a World Series in a while. They lost the North Stars only for them to go on to win a Cup at the expense of the Sabres. Lost 4 superbowls like the Bills. I'd put them higher if they didn't play in a dome.

10. Tennesse

The city has had teams long enough to crack the top 10. Whether the Music City Miracle was a forward pass or not, you have to admit they lost the Superbowl in a heartbreaker. Plus their former QB Steve McNair who is held in as high regard to Titans fans as Jim Kelly is to Bills fans was murdered.

Here is my top 10.

4. Seattle

Lost the Sonics....Mariners never won a World Series...however this city has the dubious honor of being the first American city to win the Stanley Cup in 1917.

As Fezzick would say: I do not think that word means what you think it means.

As Fezzick would say: I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I was just trying to be funny.

And as far as Detroit goes, the Redwings make it to the Cup pratically every year. The Pistons won the NBA Championship in 04 and the Tigers even have a recent World Series appearence. So what their football team sucks? Big deal, bite me Lions fans.

1 Buffalo ( no goal, wide right and quite frankly a list of games over the last few years that even with the benefit of replay I find hard to imagine that they actually happened not to mention great fans, tailgaiting, outdoor stadium in the elements)

2 Cleveland ( great support still lost a franchise that ended up winning it all shortly thereafter )

3 Detroit ( Red Wings are a model of a great organization but Detroits' economy and Matt Millen move them up the list)

4 Cincy ( Bungles Years, a list of number 1 picks that busted out)

Getting leaner

5 Minnesota ( great fans, hate domes but that place looks nuts, also several appearances with nothing to show for it, great hockey culture that lost the North Stars and they ended up winning in Dallas, I guess most people in this site would know that already)

6 Seattle ( used to love largent and curt warner, seem like great fans)

7 KC ( if they can win there is hope for smaller market teams, Royals used to be the best franchise in MLB until the league started eating itself, why am I bringing up baseball, I actually really don't care but if the NFL wants to see how to screw itself that is a good place to look)

Now just filling out the list

8 Houston ( losing the Oilers blew )

9 San Diego ( 94 was their last appearance I believe and that game was a blow out by the first half v Rice and Young, we know that feeling and it sucks)

10 Chicago ( after the '85 super bowl shuffle I am tempted to say screw em, but they are true fans, cubs and blawkhawk help their cause as well. )

Here is my top 10.

1. Buffalo

2. Cleveland

I only put Buffalo a head of Cleveland for obvious reasons but I think either or would make a great case for number 1. However if Lebron James leads the Cavs to a championship this year then Cleveland falls significantly down on the charts.

3. San Diego

Neither the Chargers or the Padres ever won a Championship. The fans there have been waiting like us....not to mention they are also in the elite group of cities that lost the Clippers like us.

4. Seattle

5. Cincinatti

The Reds won a World Series 20 years ago so I don't feel too bad for them.

6. Kansas City

They won a Superbowl, but that was way before many of us were around to see it.

7. Houston

They have a great fan base, lost their team for a few years. I'd put them higher but the Rockets won a couple championships while Michael Jordan decided to give Triple A baseball a try.

8. Atlanta

Never won a Superbowl, the Braves haven't won a World Series in a while. I don't see the Hawks or Thrashers winning a championship any time soon.

9. Minnesota

The Twins haven't won a World Series in a while. They lost the North Stars only for them to go on to win a Cup at the expense of the Sabres. Lost 4 superbowls like the Bills. I'd put them higher if they didn't play in a dome.

10. Tennesse

The city has had teams long enough to crack the top 10. Whether the Music City Miracle was a forward pass or not, you have to admit they lost the Superbowl in a heartbreaker. Plus their former QB Steve McNair who is held in as high regard to Titans fans as Jim Kelly is to Bills fans was murdered.