Why the Bills Shouldnt Draft a QB This Year

Jsi922

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should this new Bills GM and coaching staff NOT address the left tackle position at some point then this team is as doomed as the Jauron teams.

If they don't go LT with that #9 in the draft then they should go after Mark Tauscher, the Packers line suddenly got way better last season once he started playing again.

Shoot, I think they should sign the guy just to have a qualified starter at LT while the young players are learning the ropes.

False on so many levels

Andrew Luck is going to be great.

Take the BPA, the Bills are so bad they can draft any position outside of DB and the team will be better

If 2 players are seen as equals on the board then take the QB. QBs need to learn and develop while OTs can be pro bowlers for day 1 of training camp. ie Id rather have a 2nd year QB with a rookie LT in 2011 than vice versa.

However are the Bills good enough at a variety of other positions that draft a QB in the first is a likely rebuilding strategy to work for this team? If they draft a QB in the first he likely learns the best by sitting and watching as a rookie (probably true for Claussen as he needs some work in addition to it being useful for him to sit and have his foot recover, almost certainly true for Tebow who even many who are certain he will be great likely learns best by sitting, watching and learning the Pro game while he practices improving the speed of his release to NFL levels before he is ready to use his great leadership qualities, Bradford is probably the most Pro play ready to go in terms of his game, but he probably has the largest injury questions of the three as he missed much of last year with two injuries to the same shoulder. Alternately we ask these men to start immediately but they do so behind an OL badly in need of a first round talent.

My guess is that if the Bills go QB this year and LT for 2011 they actually end up with two rookie and a virtual rookie starting in 2011.

Its not that I am certain that the rookie QBs will not be good it is that I am certain that the Bills forgoing infusion of 1st round level talent on the OL or the D will in fact be a very bad place for the young QB to develop.

Abundance of talent at the position?!?!?!? Two guys who have proven they can't be successful and another who was on a practice squad a year ago. They have zero talent at the position.

Sorry. I was bored. I would still argue they hame SOME talent. If you'd seen Joe Dufek and Bruce Matheson, you so No talent.

Next Year's Draft you have Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker coming out who are better prospects than Bradford and Clausen. You will probably also have Andrew Luck coming out possibly from Stanford, this year will definately show what kind of QB he is and he is being coached by an NFL Qb in Harbaugh.

No offense, but fans say this say BS every year... "This isn't the year... Next year is the year..." Rinse and repeat.