Bills QB situation

Maddog69

Troy Smith's resume is so huge that entrusting him with the franchise is a rational and cogent thought. :doh:

Guy couldn't beat out a rookie Joe Flacco, but he's now good enough for Buffalo? Well, then again, it is the Bills we're talking about.

Actually, he was, until he got sick: http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/03/infection-...b-in-baltimore/

To clear up another misconception in this thread, the tender is a fifth-round pick, not a third. For that relatively low price, I'd think about taking a look at him.

Troy Smith's resume is so huge that entrusting him with the franchise is a rational and cogent thought. :doh:

Guy couldn't beat out a rookie Joe Flacco, but he's now good enough for Buffalo? Well, then again, it is the Bills we're talking about.

Just so you know, Smith was scheduled to be the starter for Baltimore the year they drafted Flaco. He got an infection and went on IR. He did not lose the job to Flaco. Flaco got the job after Smith went on IR.

Just so you know, Smith was scheduled to be the starter for Baltimore the year they drafted Flaco. He got an infection and went on IR. He did not lose the job to Flaco. Flaco got the job after Smith went on IR.

The point is meaningless. At some point Smith's infection cleared yet he was still on the bench because everyone was convinced that Flacco was better.

Just so you know, he never sniffed the job when he came back, so yes he did lose it to Flacco.

Just so you know, he never sniffed the job when he came back, so yes he did lose it to Flacco.

So because Flacco is really good, that means that the backup must suck? Could any of our QB's beat out Flacco for the starting job? In fact, how many other QB's in the league (starters included) would have been able to get Flacco off the field after he starting producing in his rookie year?

Actually, he was, until he got sick: http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/03/infection-...b-in-baltimore/

To clear up another misconception in this thread, the tender is a fifth-round pick, not a third. For that relatively low price, I'd think about taking a look at him.

You stole the words right out of my mouth. I would be thrilled to have him for a 5th rd pick and I believe that between him Brohm and Trent a quality QB could emerge this season. Why not? He won the starting job and had a freak illness. Baltimore is a great team and Ozzie Newsome is a great GM. Smith wants out and he tabbed him with a 5th not because he sucks but because he will get that for him easy. He is essentially granting him his wish and getting what he can for him.. Do it

You stole the words right out of my mouth. I would be thrilled to have him for a 5th rd pick and I believe that between him Brohm and Trent a quality QB could emerge this season. Why not? He won the starting job and had a freak illness. Baltimore is a great team and Ozzie Newsome is a great GM. Smith wants out and he tabbed him with a 5th not because he sucks but because he will get that for him easy. He is essentially granting him his wish and getting what he can for him.. Do it

I agree with the Bolden part, and I doubt that if Troy Smith was a quality back up they would let him go for a 5th round pick.

In the NFL it makes sense to keep every player that can benefit your team, even if they don't want to be there. Considering how many QB's get injured each year why would they let him go for such a low price?