Cornell Green

I posted this on here before, but Green actually graded out pretty well last season.

I know some people don't like the site, but ProFootballFocus is the only site that breaks down film and gives grades to individual linemen.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

As you'll see, Green ranks right in the middle of the pack (in terms of overall grade) among OTs that played a minimum of 60% of their team's offensive snaps. Here is a summary of his individual rankings in the various categories (again, this is among ALL OTs, not just RTs):

Pass Blocking - 24th

Screen Blocking - Tied for 12th

Run Blocking - 30th

Penalties - 48th (ugh, very bad...probably the biggest contributor to him receiving only a mediocre overall grade)

Sacks Allowed - 14th

QB Hits Allowed - 19th

QB Pressures Allowed - 17th

Take a moment to review all of these categories (if you're interested), and while you're at it, look at some of the names that rank below Green in each of them. You'll see names like David Diehl, Charlie Johnson, Levi Brown, Jeremy Trueblood, Donald Penn, and others that I'm sure most of us would be thrilled to see the Bills acquire.

Even if you don't agree with the way the site does their grading, you have to admit that there's at least some statutes that normalize the analysis for each lineman, which means there's at least some credence to them.

So what exactly is everyone getting so fussy over?