Brad Smith

I read somewhere that Brad Smith was only tendered a 4th round offer...

if this is the case...I would really LOVE for the Bills to make this move and throw the Jets their 4th round pick.

Brad Smith is a game-changer in my opinion. He can do just about everything, and Rex Ryan has expressed the same words and thoughts. I think Brad Smith, in Chan Gailey's offense, especially the Pistol Formation...could be a force to reckon with. He would also fill a couple holes that we have...2nd or 3rd WR, backup QB, KR/PR and a gunner on ST's.

Even for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick...maybe one accumulated from a trade...this guy would be worth it. Am I saying I would trade OUR 2nd or 3rd round picks? NO...but if we got 1 in a trade for somebody, I would pull the trigger to make this move. With the 4th rounder, I would even offer a player like Parrish or Kelsay in this trade for Brad Smith.

Thoughts on Brad Smith...fire away!?!

if this is the case...I would really LOVE for the Bills to make this move and throw the Jets their 4th round pick.

Brad Smith is a game-changer in my opinion. He can do just about everything, and Rex Ryan has expressed the same words and thoughts. I think Brad Smith, in Chan Gailey's offense, especially the Pistol Formation...could be a force to reckon with. He would also fill a couple holes that we have...2nd or 3rd WR, backup QB, KR/PR and a gunner on ST's.

Even for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick...maybe one accumulated from a trade...this guy would be worth it. Am I saying I would trade OUR 2nd or 3rd round picks? NO...but if we got 1 in a trade for somebody, I would pull the trigger to make this move. With the 4th rounder, I would even offer a player like Parrish or Kelsay in this trade for Brad Smith.

Find the 2010 model for your 4th rounder.

Well he sucks as a QB and we need more than a gimick withour 4th round pick. Also, if he is such a game changer, why is it they only offered him a 4th round tender. I mean if this guy changes games, I would want to protect him.

I like Brad Smith I think he's a player and an athlete. Perhaps the Jets don't see much opportunity for him, as he is good at many things but not particularly great at anything. I guess I think of him as a more athletic version of Jim Jensen of the 80's Dolphins.

He had some success in the Wildcat but maybe they envision Leon Washington being the primary guy in the role. Sanchez has a decade in front of him, and they think they have their #1 receiver. They have a good young tight end. Greene will carry the heavy yards on the ground, so maybe there just isn't a great need for him. If they think they can get a similar special teams performance from a guy who is also a natural WR, they may view Smith as expendible.

I'm somewhat surprised that he's a 4th, just because Schottenheimer looked plenty willing to design some packages for him and his run-pass option. I wouldn't mind the Bills paying the 4th at all, but not shedding a tear if they don't. With the Bills offenses the past seven years, any player who has shown a hint of production looks good to me.

Well he sucks as a QB and we need more than a gimick withour 4th round pick. Also, if he is such a game changer, why is it they only offered him a 4th round tender. I mean if this guy changes games, I would want to protect him.

Ok, so I was wrong...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...BaTO2AD9E84R501

Running back-kick returner Leon Washington and wide receiver Brad Smith received second-round tenders although both were fourth-round draft picks. Smith was one of the Jets' top special team players and a versatile presence on the offense, lining up at quarterback and running back along with wide receiver. Backup quarterback Kellen Clemens received an original-round tender (second). But because the Jets used second-round tenders — higher than their draft position — on Washington and Smith, they would instead receive a third-rounder if another team signs him.

Yet, I was still right!

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/05/sp...rmer5-2010jan05

Smith has played all sorts of roles for the Jets this season, scoring on a 32-yard option run against the Bengals, a week after returning a kickoff 106 yards against the Colts -- the longest scoring play in Jets history. Smith ran for 92 yards in four carries against the Bengals. Smith has an expanded role in which he'll line up under center, in the shotgun, even in the "pistol" -- when he lines up about three yards behind center with a tailback behind him. The pistol enables the Jets to still have a "downhill" running attack but without the quarterback under center.

That SURE sounds VERY GOOD to me. I would say we could use somebody like this on our team, especially since he can run the pistol formation...which would enable us to have a "DOWNHILL" running attack...which is what we NEED!

I am sorry...I would give up the 3rd...then get it back in a Lynch or Whitner trade, although I don't wanna deal either.

Actually I would rather use a fourth on a position player and take a multi-tooled player with a 5,6,or7 like the rest of the league does.

Oh, I forgot about Brad Smith being drafted in the 3rd. Devin Hester being drafted in the 2nd. Reggie Bush being drafted in the 1st. Tomlinson being drafted in the 1st. Vick being drafted in the 1st. Seneca Wallace being drafted in the 4th. Ronnie Brown being drafted in the 1st. Darius Butler being drafted in the 2nd . Pat White being drafted in the 2nd. Percy Harvin being drafted in the 1st. Antwan Randle-El being drafted in the 2nd. Even Mike Vrabel who was drafted in the 3rd. Troy Brown and Joshua Cribbs are the only guys I can think of, that would fall in your category of "Multi-tooled players drafted after the 5th round by every team in the league." Brown was drafted in the 7th and Cribbs was undrafted. Even Roscoe Parrish was drafted in the 2nd...and he was going to be our "Multi-tooled player"...but I think we failed there. Troy Smith was drafted in the 5th, but he has not been used much.

So yeah, you are right...the rest of the league only drafts multi-tooled players in the 5th, 6th or 7th.

Nice try. :wallbash:

But because the Jets used second-round tenders — higher than their draft position — on Washington and Smith, they would instead receive a third-rounder if another team signs him.

this references Clemens, he was given an original round tender, which he was a 2nd round pick. because Washington & Smith were already given 2nd round tenders, if someone signed Clemens the Jets would receive a 3rd. Washington & Smith are worth 2nds.

this references Clemens, he was given an original round tender, which he was a 2nd round pick. because Washington & Smith were already given 2nd round tenders, if someone signed Clemens the Jets would receive a 3rd. Washington & Smith are worth 2nds.

Ok? Idk where I said differently...

I was simply proving my point to DarthICE that Smith is worth more than a 4th...he is worth a 2nd. Therefore he must be pretty important to the Jets if they tendered him more than his draft position.

And yeah DarthICE...he IS a game-changer. I am not sure what game it was...maybe that Bengals game...but I watched him single-handedly win that game by himself. (Again, I am not sure what game I am thinking of...but I THINK it was the Bengals)

Ok, so I was wrong...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...BaTO2AD9E84R501

Running back-kick returner Leon Washington and wide receiver Brad Smith received second-round tenders although both were fourth-round draft picks. Smith was one of the Jets' top special team players and a versatile presence on the offense, lining up at quarterback and running back along with wide receiver. Backup quarterback Kellen Clemens received an original-round tender (second). But because the Jets used second-round tenders — higher than their draft position — on Washington and Smith, they would instead receive a third-rounder if another team signs him.

Yet, I was still right!

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/05/sp...rmer5-2010jan05

Smith has played all sorts of roles for the Jets this season, scoring on a 32-yard option run against the Bengals, a week after returning a kickoff 106 yards against the Colts -- the longest scoring play in Jets history. Smith ran for 92 yards in four carries against the Bengals. Smith has an expanded role in which he'll line up under center, in the shotgun, even in the "pistol" -- when he lines up about three yards behind center with a tailback behind him. The pistol enables the Jets to still have a "downhill" running attack but without the quarterback under center.

That SURE sounds VERY GOOD to me. I would say we could use somebody like this on our team, especially since he can run the pistol formation...which would enable us to have a "DOWNHILL" running attack...which is what we NEED!

I am sorry...I would give up the 3rd...then get it back in a Lynch or Whitner trade, although I don't wanna deal either.

Oh, I forgot about Brad Smith being drafted in the 3rd. Devin Hester being drafted in the 2nd. Reggie Bush being drafted in the 1st. Tomlinson being drafted in the 1st. Vick being drafted in the 1st. Seneca Wallace being drafted in the 4th. Ronnie Brown being drafted in the 1st. Darius Butler being drafted in the 2nd . Pat White being drafted in the 2nd. Percy Harvin being drafted in the 1st. Antwan Randle-El being drafted in the 2nd. Even Mike Vrabel who was drafted in the 3rd. Troy Brown and Joshua Cribbs are the only guys I can think of, that would fall in your category of "Multi-tooled players drafted after the 5th round by every team in the league." Brown was drafted in the 7th and Cribbs was undrafted. Even Roscoe Parrish was drafted in the 2nd...and he was going to be our "Multi-tooled player"...but I think we failed there. Troy Smith was drafted in the 5th, but he has not been used much.

So yeah, you are right...the rest of the league only drafts multi-tooled players in the 5th, 6th or 7th.

Nice try. :devil:

No response to that "ICE"???