What Electric Guitar Should I Buy?

This one's for Deano because I know he likes Santana and for another reason that will be apparent .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5fXhhCAofI

:rolleyes:

Great job and nice "bro".

BTW, you really flashed some nice chops on the 3/17 post, too.

Keep up the good work.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from seeing Dave Mason at St. Augustine's Rhythm and Ribs Festival.

WOW! I have seen Dave on many occasions in the past, but he was really extra special tonight. I think he has become a better guitar player over the years and his voice is still in fine form. The band was outstanding (bass player Gerald Johnson has played with him forever, it seems), very tight, and the sound was first rate. They really cranked it up.

Interestingly, Dave never broke out the RKS guitar that bears his name. I wonder what the story is there? Still it wasn't missed as he played the hell out of the Telecaster and, for at least one song, a 12-string acoustic guitar. 2nd Guitarist, Johnne Sambataro was fantastic on acoustic guitar most of the night, and made the most of his two or three turns at electric solos.

While I expect Mason to put on a good show, this far surpassed my expectations.

• 1 month later...

After all that yapping about how great the PRS was, I changed my mind and in a 3 way trade got a Suhr S3. This would be of the "Super Strat" genre and it's just an amazing guitar. More character and funky than the PRS, better neck for me and looks like it will just age a lot better and gain more character over time, with better prospects for collector's item status. Nothing bad to say about PRS, they make a great guitar, but after all my messing around came to the realization I'm more a Strat guy (albeit Super Strat) than a Les Paul or similar instrument.

Suhr's website on the S3:

http://www.suhrguitars.com/proSeries.aspx?series=s3_s4

My actual guitar:

th_bkln_suhr.jpg

Let me know if anyone wants me to throw up some reviews/demos on youtube.

Strange. Maybe you can access it through "View My Gallery" when you click on my name.

Your gallery claims there is 1 image (in the stats) but is showing 0 of 0 images. Nothing there. Strange indeed.

:unsure:

What, that I forgot to allow my image to be shared? The guitar itself? That I put my last name on the headstock?

Pretty sweet.

Thanks. Hopefully others will post pics of their axe(s).