Top 10 FA Bargains...

This is for the people that RIPPED ME APART for comparing Kevin Walter to Wes Welker...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

1. Kevin Walter, WR, Houston: He thrived as a possession receiver in the Texans' highly effective passing attack. The Texans are trying to keep him, but if they don't, he should merit attention from another club that wants someone who uses plenty of smarts and toughness to get open on third down. Walter could be another Wes Welker, who went from a specialty role in Miami to a star in New England.

This is for the people that RIPPED ME APART for comparing Kevin Walter to Wes Welker...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

1. Kevin Walter, WR, Houston: He thrived as a possession receiver in the Texans' highly effective passing attack. The Texans are trying to keep him, but if they don't, he should merit attention from another club that wants someone who uses plenty of smarts and toughness to get open on third down. Walter could be another Wes Welker, who went from a specialty role in Miami to a star in New England.

Wes Welker and him are not similar players, but could have similar career paths. Thats what this article says. What did you say?

PS I really would like Walter on this team.

Wes Welker and him are not similar players, but could have similar career paths. Thats what this article says. What did you say?

PS I really would like Walter on this team.

Even when I said what I meant, people misunderstood me...so let me try this one more time here...

Yeah they are both white; not my initial point, but I'll throw that in there for good measure.

I read something earlier that said something like, "Walter is no Wes Welker, but imagine a slot WR that has very reliable hands and can run block very well for a WR." :wallbash:

THAT PROVES MY point right there!

They are both EXCELLENT slot receivers. They have GREAT hands. They can both run block very well. Both of them went to smaller D-1 schools, 1 being a 7th rounder and the other being undrafted.

They both started off as nobodies on their first teams, Walter with the Giants and Welker with the Chargers. They were both cut shortly after signing, and both quickly signed with their second teams, Walter with the Bengals and Welker with the Dolphins. With their second teams they both first excelled at Special Teams, and in their 2nd seasons with these teams is where they both made their names as WR's.

Then BOTH of them, after their 3rd seasons, were signed as RESTRICTED Free Agents.

It was with their 3rd teams where they both became starters and really made names for themselves. Kevin Walter with the Houston Texans and Wes Welker with the New England Patriots.

I think I did MUCH BETTER that time...whatcha say? :wallbash:

Even when I said what I meant, people misunderstood me...so let me try this one more time here...

Yeah they are both white; not my initial point, but I'll throw that in there for good measure.

I read something earlier that said something like, "Walter is no Wes Welker, but imagine a slot WR that has very reliable hands and can run block very well for a WR." :wallbash:

THAT PROVES MY point right there!

They are both EXCELLENT slot receivers. They have GREAT hands. They can both run block very well. Both of them went to smaller D-1 schools, 1 being a 7th rounder and the other being undrafted.

They both started off as nobodies on their first teams, Walter with the Giants and Welker with the Chargers. They were both cut shortly after signing, and both quickly signed with their second teams, Walter with the Bengals and Welker with the Dolphins. With their second teams they both first excelled at Special Teams, and in their 2nd seasons with these teams is where they both made their names as WR's.

Then BOTH of them, after their 3rd seasons, were signed as RESTRICTED Free Agents.

It was with their 3rd teams where they both became starters and really made names for themselves. Kevin Walter with the Houston Texans and Wes Welker with the New England Patriots.

I think I did MUCH BETTER that time...whatcha say? :wallbash:

We need a QB to get him the ball.....Wes Welker looks amazing because he has a great QB throwing to him. The Bills on the other hand have nothing at QB.