My take on free agency....or lack there of

IF and I only say IF the bills have truly become a team that players either dont want to come to or agents use to drive the price up on other teams.......it is time to for the time being turn away from free agents and start accumulating as many picks in the draft as we possibly can.

The talent evaluators are in place. I am convinced they will draft well. We need to first rebiuld the pride in being a Buffalo Bill back THEN the free agents that we covet will come our way.

I remember a time (and most of you do to) that this used to be a team that players WOULD want to play for. Remember those days? James Loften, Chris Spielman, etc.

The damage has been done by management. This team has been ran horribly. When I hear rumors of players actually not even wanting to play for my team I am hurt, insulted, and angry all at the same time.

Maybe we do need Tebow. Character guys.......leaders.....guys that know what it means to lead the way. I know he isn't projected to be a good QB but christ. When I hear that INCOGNETO didn't want to play for us? He is about as low of character as you can get and might have said he didn't want to play for us?

Rebiuld it Nix

Incognito publicly stated he didn't want to come back? I hadn't heard that.

Anyway, I do agree, the draft is where we should be focused. I doubt we get any big names this year in FA, as long as we get some decent contributors somewhere along the line I'm fine with that.

Also, I again agree that we have better talent evaluators that should bring in good players via the draft so I'm pretty excited about that.

Incognito publicly stated he didn't want to come back? I hadn't heard that.

Anyway, I do agree, the draft is where we should be focused. I doubt we get any big names this year in FA, as long as we get some decent contributors somewhere along the line I'm fine with that.

Also, I again agree that we have better talent evaluators that should bring in good players via the draft so I'm pretty excited about that.

The Incogneto thing was a rumor from another board.....but with Wood being injuried, Butler not coming back, and Incogneto playing at least servicable you would have thought the bills would have tendered him.....I am wondering if he just told them he didn't want to be here.

I have no proof it just speculation.

IF and I only say IF the bills have truly become a team that players either dont want to come to or agents use to drive the price up on other teams.......it is time to for the time being turn away from free agents and start accumulating as many picks in the draft as we possibly can.

The talent evaluators are in place. I am convinced they will draft well. We need to first rebiuld the pride in being a Buffalo Bill back THEN the free agents that we covet will come our way.

I remember a time (and most of you do to) that this used to be a team that players WOULD want to play for. Remember those days? James Loften, Chris Spielman, etc.

The damage has been done by management. This team has been ran horribly. When I hear rumors of players actually not even wanting to play for my team I am hurt, insulted, and angry all at the same time.

Maybe we do need Tebow. Character guys.......leaders.....guys that know what it means to lead the way. I know he isn't projected to be a good QB but christ. When I hear that INCOGNETO didn't want to play for us? He is about as low of character as you can get and might have said he didn't want to play for us?

Rebiuld it Nix

Love this post. So true. So true.

Rebiuld it Nix

John I love your posts. This is also a keeper. The NFL is a pretty tight fraternity. Players and FO personnel must know more than what they are not telling. All this makes me think, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.

I think the beginning of the dark ages at OBD wasn't the MCM, but how Ralph went after Wade for his contract money. I think the perception was that Wilson then checked into Al Davis territory. It's one thing to be an undesirable location geographically speaking and it's one thing to be cheap. But to be both, I think just killed us.

Plus we also seemed to work really hard at getting clubhouse leaders kicked to the curb and bringing in "Yes" men.

Perception is reality. But that can change in the blink of an eye. Just ask the Saints. The difference was that they hired a GM with vision and a smart Coach with b*lls. I just hope our GM/Coach combo will come close.

C

John I love your posts. This is also a keeper. The NFL is a pretty tight fraternity. Players and FO personnel must know more than what they are not telling. All this makes me think, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.

I think the beginning of the dark ages at OBD wasn't the MCM, but how Ralph went after Wade for his contract money. I think the perception was that Wilson then checked into Al Davis territory. It's one thing to be an undesirable location geographically speaking and it's one thing to be cheap. But to be both, I think just killed us.

Plus we also seemed to work really hard at getting clubhouse leaders kicked to the curb and bringing in "Yes" men.

Perception is reality. But that can change in the blink of an eye. Just ask the Saints. The difference was that they hired a GM with vision and a smart Coach with b*lls. I just hope our GM/Coach combo will come close.

C

I hate being compared to the Raiders but its valid.....one of the BIG differences is that the Raiders play in a warm weather climate and Al Davis will throw ridiculous money at players that dont deserve it.

I just think we gotta start at the Base of the house here.....I agree with everything that has been done as far as mgt goes......I like Nix....I think Chan Gailey is innovative on offense and respected.......the assistants that were brought in were good moves.....they put more then one guy in place in some spots like in strength and conditioning.....bringing back our old ST's coach was a very good move. They moved the former GM to the money side where he should have been all along.

Just blow it up.....trade Whitner for a draft pick.....trade Lynch for a draft pick........then draft well. It wont show this upcoming year because we will be so young BUT if you work on the Line positions and retool the defense into the 3-4 you are looking for then the NEXT year you have a strong base to biuld upon......

I hate being compared to the Raiders but its valid.....one of the BIG differences is that the Raiders play in a warm weather climate and Al Davis will throw ridiculous money at players that dont deserve it.

I just think we gotta start at the Base of the house here.....I agree with everything that has been done as far as mgt goes......I like Nix....I think Chan Gailey is innovative on offense and respected.......the assistants that were brought in were good moves.....they put more then one guy in place in some spots like in strength and conditioning.....bringing back our old ST's coach was a very good move. They moved the former GM to the money side where he should have been all along.

Just blow it up.....trade Whitner for a draft pick.....trade Lynch for a draft pick........then draft well. It wont show this upcoming year because we will be so young BUT if you work on the Line positions and retool the defense into the 3-4 you are looking for then the NEXT year you have a strong base to biuld upon......

I don't know. It is what it is. I think Ralph is just being the (senile) business man. He's afraid that things are gonna blow up all to hell in 2011 and is tightening the purse strings worse than usual.

As for the moves, I think some of the offensive staff hires are real head scratchers. But again, I think with the exception of Whaley (who was hungry to make his own mark in the league), the backroom rep of the franchise as it currently stands has hurt the hiring potential per staff.

In all the hires that we got, the overriding factor was the desire of the coaches to work with Gailey. I don't think it's any accident that they're mostly from the college ranks. If we get an above average to good showing from our offense with average talent, he'll become the coach du jour again to work for.

And maybe that will bode well for the rep of the franchise.

C