Manning throws #6....now at 41.

ICE

The no-calls on the Colts today was quite embarrassing. Several terrible holdings and one serious head to head hit were not called.

133492[/snapback]

That's the way it goes. The teams that are losing usually seem to get the calls against them.

There must be a rule set in the Colts offensive meetings that says James isnt allowed to rush for TD's or something. Think Manning wants that record? Too bad for him its the only accomplishment he'll be celebrating this year or any year for that matter while his contract chokes the Colts ability to build BOTH a defense and a pro bowl calibre offense around him so he can succeed.

Guest floridian fan
There must be a rule set in the Colts offensive meetings that says James isnt allowed to rush for TD's or something.      Think Manning wants that record?    Too bad for him its the only accomplishment he'll be celebrating this year or any year for that matter while his contract chokes the Colts ability to build BOTH a defense and a pro bowl calibre offense around him so he can succeed.

133520[/snapback]

I don't know man... I mean, its not like there lining up at the 1 yard line and throwing play actions... In fact, Manning has 35 tds this year, but he's only thrown the ball 25 times (for 16 tds) when inside the red zone this year. Hell today he threw two five yard tds, but four were 15 yards or more. And don't forget, Edge has missed a game or two this season, but still has 6 tds..

Heck, most importantly, look at the red zone eficiency.. today was 5/5, and I know its abnormally high... if it aint broke.. dont fix it!

I don't know man... I mean, its not like there lining up at the 1 yard line and throwing play actions... In fact, Manning has 35 tds this year, but he's only thrown the ball 25 times (for 16 tds) when inside the red zone this year.  Hell today he threw two five yard tds, but four were 15 yards or more.  And don't forget, Edge has missed a game or two this season, but still has 6 tds..

Heck, most importantly, look at the red zone eficiency.. today was 5/5, and I know its abnormally high... if it aint broke.. dont fix it!

133539[/snapback]

100% correct. There just hating on Manning.

For the manning haters....why the hate? Or is it envy? Hey if I got a gun, I shoot it. If I had mannings arm on a team I coach I let him sling away. BTW...James is getting 100 yard games (and a 200 yard one last week) left and right.

This is a record not many thought would be broken. I love the fact it is Manning that is going to crush the damn thing. Add to that it takes a record from Marino and I am VERY Happy!

For the manning haters....why the hate?  Or is it envy?  Hey if I got a gun, I shoot it.  If I had mannings arm on a team I coach I let him sling away. BTW...James is getting 100 yard games (and a 200 yard one last week) left and right.

This is a record not many thought would be broken. I love the fact it is Manning that is going to crush the damn thing. Add to that it takes a record from Marino and I am VERY Happy!

133580[/snapback]

No friggin kidding. Us Bills fans should the happiest that Peyton (one of the coolest and most respected QB's in the league) is aboute to rape and pillage Marino's "record."

In 2 games that record will be a distant memory.

No friggin kidding. Us Bills fans should the happiest that Peyton (one of the coolest and most respected QB's in the league) is aboute to rape and pillage Marino's "record."

In 2 games that record will be a distant memory.

133617[/snapback]

I can't understand the hating on peyton, but i agree daquixers as any Bills and Pasties fan should be happy that marino does not have the record in two weeks.

Bye by Danny boy!  :w00t:

BTW....how must it feel to have a QB that can throw like that on the road?  I wonder how many of the 41 were on the road this season?

133490[/snapback]

Manning's stats like Warren Moons are Dome QB stats and shouldn't be compared to players who have to play in the elements, they are skewed. I know players don't have a say in where they play but if Kelly played his career in a dome his stats would be Marino/Manning like, his first years in the astrodome with the Gamblers show'd what he could do without wind, snow, rain and freezing temps.

Manning's stats like Warren Moons are Dome QB stats and shouldn't be compared to players who have to play in the elements, they are skewed. I know players don't have a say in where they play but if Kelly played his career in a dome his stats would be Marino/Manning like, his first years in the astrodome with the Gamblers show'd what he could do without wind, snow, rain and freezing temps.

133649[/snapback]

Hater.

For the manning haters....why the hate?  Or is it envy?  Hey if I got a gun, I shoot it.  If I had mannings arm on a team I coach I let him sling away. BTW...James is getting 100 yard games (and a 200 yard one last week) left and right.

133580[/snapback]

I don't hate on Manning at all. Personally I like the guy and think if more professional atheletes were as professional as him, all sports would be in a much better place.

I also respect the hell out of what he does game in and game out. But I just cannot consider him the best QB in the league until he proves to me he can win when the chips are down. He simply has never been able to win "the big game" dating all the way back to college.

It's not that he doesn't have the best arm, or the best head, I think it's just that he out-thinks himself in the big games and ends up shooting himself in the foot. So as long as that trend continues he will be nothing more than a regular season stud and post season dud in my book.

I hope he proves me wrong one day.

I don't hate on Manning at all. Personally I like the guy and think if more professional atheletes were as professional as him, all sports would be in a much better place.

I also respect the hell out of what he does game in and game out. But I just cannot consider him the best QB in the league until he proves to me he can win when the chips are down. He simply has never been able to win "the big game" dating all the way back to college.

It's not that he doesn't have the best arm, or the best head, I think it's just that he out-thinks himself in the big games and ends up shooting himself in the foot. So as long as that trend continues he will be nothing more than a regular season stud and post season dud in my book.

I hope he proves me wrong one day.

133653[/snapback]

Dude. They were super bowl bound last year - did you watch the NE game? I have 2 NE friends at my house and they were laughing and admitting that there team was getting away with murder. The way Ty Law and his secondary buddies were all over the Colts recievers was RIDICULOUS.

Hater.

133651[/snapback]

Thats just dumb, I don't hate Manning, I just think playing over 50 percent or your games in a controled environment is an advantage

Dude. They were super bowl bound last year - did you watch the NE game? I have 2 NE friends at my house and they were laughing and admitting that there team was getting away with murder. The way Ty Law and his secondary buddies were all over the Colts recievers was RIDICULOUS.

133654[/snapback]

They still lost.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong. But every big game this guys plays in he comes up short.

Florida owned him when he was at Tennesse. The year after he leaves, Tennesse wins it all.

Even this year, opening day vs NE was a HUGE game that the Colts should have won but Manning just choked in the redzone against a Pats D that was really off that night.

They still lost.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong. But every big game this guys plays in he comes up short.

Florida owned him when he was at Tennesse. The year after he leaves, Tennesse wins it all.

Even this year, opening day vs NE was a HUGE game that the Colts should have won but Manning just choked in the redzone against a Pats D that was really off that night.

133657[/snapback]

Of course your gonna lose, if your recievers are getting nocked down before the ball reaches them!!!!