Stroud

Why can't Stroud play NT for us? Why do we need to get a NT?

He had a very bad year last year. I think that he can rotate in as a NT but he can't be the primary option. I think if you draft Mt.Cody you can have Stroud be the 3rd down NT. I like Stroud to be a DE and a part time NT in the 3-4.

All he needs to do is eat like a madman for three months, gain 40 pounds and he's basically a proven version of Terrance Cody. He's just as athletic, he's just no where near as fat.

Apparently all you need to move from DT to NT is about 45 pounds of pure whale blubber on your mid-section and breasts like mudflaps.

TOO SMALL! lol he is 6'6 like 320 pounds

That is actually the wrong size for NT. He is too tall, putting his center of gravity too high. NT should be somewhat low to the ground so they are hard to push off the point of attack.

TOO SMALL! lol he is 6'6 like 320 pounds

Too small and too tall. You ideally want 350+ lbs and between 6' and 6'4". Stroud does'nt seem to play with a low enough center of gravity. Would be better suited for the 4-3 or maybe DE. All this talk of moving DT to DE and DE to LB is rubish. If a player is not natural at that given postion, you have potential disaster on your hands, which is what the Bills are headed for this year.

He is a 1 or 3 technique T, not a 0 technique T.

With the 3-4 you need 0 Tech guy. He even said ne has never played the 0 tech. These play certain techniques all of there career. Not every one is Fred Smerles ( sorry about spelling)

That is actually the wrong size for NT. He is too tall, putting his center of gravity too high. NT should be somewhat low to the ground so they are hard to push off the point of attack.

Correctemundo.

I thought even Nix and/or Gailey commented that Stroud was more suited to DE in a 3-4 than nose tackle.

But I think he'd make a very nice 3-4 end. Hold the point of attack, get his arms up in the passing lanes, etc. Stroud is still pretty athletic too, IMO.