Were our players throwing cheap shots?

RunTheBall

If Martz or Duce Staley or Tony Gonzalez accuse the Pats of chicanery, you guys lap it up like hardcore Muslims being spoon-fed the latest Al-Jazeera propaganda yet when they accuse the Bills of shenanigans all of a sudden its called whining and being a sore loser.

The Bills didn't do anything illegal and/or "get away" with anything. I guess that's where you have a problem with what the Bdills did and what the Pats do. BTW, do you THINK that Staley or one of his teammates punched his leg, or that he was hallucinating? Yep, obviously, and Staley was being a sore loser...no wait, the Steelers killed the Patriots so that can't be it. The Steelers already said your team cheats PRIOR to the game, and now the Chiefs do. Add them to the rest of the AFC East teams, the Raiders, the Rams, and the Colts, and steadilly the Patriots are cheating every team in the NFL.

Holt himself said that the recievers for St. Louis are coached to cut defensive backs.  Having played competive sports for seventeen yearw we always had a saying:

"What comes around goes around"

It is in the interest of the Bills to confront challenges brought to them by other teams or they would become targets for the league.

133436[/snapback]

I have to beleive it was in retaliation. Has anyone ever seen Nate do this before?

The Bills didn't do anything illegal and/or "get away" with anything.  I guess that's where you have a problem with what the Bdills did and what the Pats do.  BTW, do you THINK that Staley or one of his teammates punched his leg, or that he was hallucinating?  Yep, obviously, and Staley was being a sore loser...no wait, the Steelers killed the Patriots so that can't be it.  The Steelers already said your team cheats PRIOR to the game, and now the Chiefs do.  Add them to the rest of the AFC East teams, the Raiders, the Rams, and the Colts, and steadilly the Patriots are cheating every team in the NFL.

133458[/snapback]

Lets see... The Steelers, the rest of the AFC East, the Raiders, the Rams, and the Colts all say the Patriots cheat. I wonder what those teams have in common...Oh thats right....They all got beat in big games by the Patriots. It makes sense they would look for excuses. The NFL imitates life. No one is accountable these days. Everyone is a victim. Boo freakin hoo.

I love reading posts like MBD's. It's nice being the big dog and having all the little dogs yapping at you. BTW, how could 90% of this board been so wrong this offseason? You guys were going to contend, the Patriots would be like 2002, blah,blah,blah. Season over by mid-October? Sucks to be you.

Lets see... The Steelers, the rest of the AFC East, the Raiders, the Rams, and the Colts all say the Patriots cheat. I wonder what those teams have in common...Oh thats right....They all got beat in big games by the Patriots. It makes sense they would look for excuses. The NFL imitates life. No one is accountable these days. Everyone is a victim. Boo freakin hoo.

I love reading posts like MBD's. It's nice being the big dog and having all the little dogs yapping at you. BTW, how could 90% of this board been so wrong this offseason? You guys were going to contend, the Patriots would be like 2002, blah,blah,blah.  Season over by mid-October? Sucks to be you.

133607[/snapback]

Ummm a$$munch, the steelers kicked the living hell out of the pasties... and when the teams are saying that they do that crap before a game, it means that they saw it on film.

The Clements hit on Holt was definitely cheap in and of itself, but then I heard the stuff about Holt's blocks on Clements and I have to admit if I were in Clements' shoes, I might have done the same thing. Technically, what Clements did was legal.

Ummm a$$munch, the steelers kicked the living hell out of the pasties... and when the teams are saying that they do that crap before a game, it means that they saw it on film.

133608[/snapback]

Hey, I saw "Starship Troopers" on film. Does that mean we'll all be signing up to invade Klendathu to kill the bugs and eventually become citizens? WATCH OUT FOR THE BRAIN BUG!!!!

I love reading posts like MBD's. It's nice being the big dog and having all the little dogs yapping at you. BTW, how could 90% of this board been so wrong this offseason? You guys were going to contend, the Patriots would be like 2002, blah,blah,blah.  Season over by mid-October? Sucks to be you.

:w00t: Yeah, I guess if I were as desperate for championships (and weren't a Yankees fan as well), I'd accept the tripe the Pats have paraded out as "champeenship" football 2 of the past 3 years and make excuses for why my team needs to cheat/get away with stuff to win it all. But hey, that's what makes Pats fans so great. They're a reflection of society and the "fug over your fellow man to win" philosophy that's making this country great! You're real "winners" alright, and it's fitting they became champeens in the Dubya era.

I'm starting to believe that Peyton Manning and the Colts are joining the Patriots as the NFL's golden children. Looking at some of the calls and no calls that went Indy's way in the first half of that game was hilarious. An obvious late hit against Harrington wasn't called, then a 3rd down defensive holding that didn't exist was called against Detroit. Those are Patriot calls by god. Then you've got Phil Simms sticking his head so far up Peyton's ass he can't breathe, just like he does Tom Brady.

What happens if the Pats meet the Colts in the playoffs? How will the refs decide who to give the game to?

RunTheBall

You know what - ALL football players moan when they get cut. stevestojan HAPPENS!!

When I play football I cut guys ALL THE TIME. It gets them down and out of the way and they think twice about how you are going to hit them on the next play. Normaally guys will get right back up again and start bitching at me cos I cut them.

Being cut is not a good feeling... One moment you are running along with glorious visions of blowing up your man, or making the big tackle/block and the next thing you know you have a mouthful of dirt. It's not nice and it hurts your pride - so well all get up and B word about it and threaten the other guy.

Welcome to the world of playing football.

Martz shouldn't make such a big deal about it - not should Holt... But in truth after that guy broke his leg earlier in the season on a chop block, cutting is in the coaches/media spotlight to try and ban it. See the Denver example - Mike Shanahan had to sit down with a bunch of hacks to PROVE to them that it is not just Denver that utilised the cut block. It is a fundamental of football - and SHOULD NOT be outlawed.

Football is a collision sport. People will get injured. Players are taught from a very early age that the best way to hit a guy is to hit him so hard hes injured and can't play. While nobody should go out with the intention to injure, if in the course of a game somebody does, we should not seek to outlaw certain KEY ELEMENTS to avoid natural accidents.

In summary. It happens. Guys will B word. Thats football.