NFL Rumor - Detroit Lions Shopping Second Overall Pick.

Steely Dan

If the Bills scouts have a franchise label on either Bradford or Clausen & St. Louis didn't take their guy, be bold & trade up & get him. We'll never win without a QB. Get the OTs in free agency or a combo of other rounds & free agency.

Trading up for one player destroys a team if that one pick doesn't become one of the best at their position.

With Nix and Gailey calling the shots now, it is much more likely the Bills will trade down to try to get more picks to fill more holes, especially with the switch to the 3-4. I think Nix will feel confident that he can find good players in all the rounds. The point is Nix has everything to gain by having many draft picks where he can show his mettle in picking great players and everything to lose by putting all of his eggs in a basket for one potentially awesome player. If that potentially awesome player didn't pan out big time he would look like an idiot as a GM. If he gets several good players and the team clearly improves he will be given credit for starting to turn things around.

What he said. :wallbash:

If I were the Lions, I would want to trade down. They need a lot more than 1 player...as for us...we are in a similar situation...

Moving up 7 spots isn't going to do a whole lot for us...except take away other draft picks...

PASS!

What he said too. :w00t:

I think the Bills can come away from this draft with three players combined, that will exceed any one player on the board, JMO

If the Bills scouts have a franchise label on either Bradford or Clausen & St. Louis didn't take their guy, be bold & trade up & get him. We'll never win without a QB. Get the OTs in free agency or a combo of other rounds & free agency.

+1...

QB should be the main priority and is the most glaring team need...

I'm sure Buddy Nix will pass on this. Link

Jason La Canfora reported this morning that the Lions have been actively shopping their first-round pick, the second overall in the draft, in an attempt to pick up an extra three or four later selections.

Even though the league is most likely entering an uncapped year, the standard rookie salary pool will continue to be in place for the 2010 NFL Draft. That said- even under the current system, a player drafted in the top two overall is never exactly a bargain. And the Lions already had to dole out big contracts to two first-round picks last year. But given all the other financial volatility surrounding the upcoming season, barring a team with an obvious need for a defensive tackle, it may be more difficult than in past years to find another franchise willing to give Detroit what it wants for that selection.

This is a deal that is one player away from contending should make, JMO

This is how a team with holes at every position and at depth does things...

I have already talked to Chan and he said to go ahead and order the Beef on Wick and Genny Cream Ale for draft day, because we are set with the following:

Trent at OB until next year when we go after Jack Locker out of Washington (cold weather and great arm)

We are drafting:

1 rd Davis, Bulaga or Campbell (in that order, based on avialibility)

2rd Cam Thomas NT - N Car -6'-4", 331, 5.14 -40

3rd Sergio Kindle or Eric Norwood

4th Rodger Seiffold - OT - Ind- 6'-5" 300+, 5.13- 40

5th Ben Tate -RB - Auburn

We need Tate because Chan is looking to get Lynch back to Cal, with trade to SD for a conditional 2 or 3rd next year, this is to help get the draft deal done for Locker next year.

I hope this helps everyone.

I have already talked to Chan and he said to go ahead and order the Beef on Wick and Genny Cream Ale for draft day, because we are set with the following:

Trent at OB until next year when we go after Jack Locker out of Washington (cold weather and great arm)

We are drafting:

1 rd Davis, Bulaga or Campbell (in that order, based on avialibility)

2rd Cam Thomas NT - N Car -6'-4", 331, 5.14 -40

3rd Sergio Kindle or Eric Norwwood

4th Rodger Seiffold - OT - Ind- 6'-5" 300+, 5.13- 40

5th Ben Tate -RB - Auburn

We need Tate because Chan is looking to get Lynch back to Cal, with trade to SD for an conditional 2 or 3rd next year, this is to help get the draft deal done for Locker next year.

I hope this helps everyone.

Wow.