Dan Williams rd 2?

billsfan_34

A frind of mine who is a big Alabama fan (went to college there) said Fat ass cody dropped from over 400lbs to where he is now. That screams red flag to me

Ted Washington's left thigh weighed that much. We just need someone to alternate with him Jason Ferguson might work for a year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like our O-line of Wood, Levitre, Incognito (hope they sign him to a three or four year deal!), Hangartner, & Bell. I think we're a good LT away from having a nice young, solid O-line for years to come, with another tackle and guard as developmental and backup purposes. Our D-front seven, though, is misfit and aging for the 3-4. We need two NT, and an OLB, and that is if Maybin is good at OLB. But, the DE prospects we have aren't guaranteed to work there, and they aren't young. So, if you want to have a front seven that is good and in place for four to six years, you're looking at two ends, two NT's, and two linebackers. So, considering backups, rotational players, etc., I think we're looking at adding two guys to our O-line this year, and we need like four to six guys in the front seven on D.

Considering the lopsided nature of our needs, I still think if we stay at 9 we go LT, because there is more quality depth on the D-line in this years draft. You could hopefully fix our O-line with one pick, whereas the D is going to take a bunch, and some FA's. That being said, if we trade down to the teens I think we grab the best NT and use our earliest next pick on a LT. Either way, I see us addressing the LT early, but gong D most of the rest of the way.

Optimistically, it's not unrealistic to think we can walk away with four starters from the draft and two to four starters via free agency, which, if they're the right positions, could field us a competitive team this year.

Bell retired.

Williams will be solid as an interior DT/NT. It will probably take him a while to handle NFL OL. I think SD can get more bang for their bucks in the 1st at ILB/OLB. The premium DTs are Suh and McCoy, who AJ wil not even get a sniff of but Williams has more potential than Cody. I like Thomas rd 2.

-------------

coach purses

I like our O-line of Wood, Levitre, Incognito (hope they sign him to a three or four year deal!), Hangartner, & Bell. I think we're a good LT away from having a nice young, solid O-line for years to come, with another tackle and guard as developmental and backup purposes.

Butler retired. That puts us a good LT and a good RT away from having a nice young solid O-line, and even that will take another year or two to gel.

Gilbert from GB, cant remember his full name, he was released due to weight, got a yr off but I believe he was picked up after that.

The Fridge. His weight got so bad, his knees went.

Steeler great Ernie Holmes, who was compared to Mean Joe Greene before he ate himself out of the league.

Several guys who have had their careers ended by injuries most likely had the injuries largely as a result of the joint strain caused by the strain of being severely overweight.

Also, Grady Jackson has eaten himself onto the Lions, which is arguably the same thing as eating yourself out of the NFL.

Weight clause in his contract. And people are overthinking Cody. He was an absolutely stud on a national championship that was carried by their defense. Ted Washington had to be near 400 lbs at the end of his career. If Cody is there, you run to the podium. A d-line rotation of Stroud, Cody, Williams, Johnson sounds good to me.

Yeah, Ted Washington was near 400, but as you said it was at the end of his career. Cody hasn't even started his yet.

And Washington wasn't as good his last couple of years.

But again, Cody has already been over 400, dipped down to 355 and now is back up to obscene levels. This is a huge red flag. He could be an absolute stud. He could also eat himself out of the league in three years.

Gilbert Brown. He was 33 and had a ton of injuries that ended his career. Weight wasn't really a factor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_Brown

Yes and no. Weight may well have been a factor in some of those injuries, particularly the knee injury.

And after the Packers briefly got him to lose weight he returned to playing much better again, briefly, late in his career.

We have him as the #17 player on our Big Board, and going to Miami at #12. At least we'd see him often to realize we made another Ngata-esque mistake.

Astro, you are obviously an intelligent, educated fan. I just wish I knew why you had a Norwood picked in rd. 4. Yes, he fits a need, but damn! Do we really ever want to see that name on the back of a Bills jersey again?