Today's WSJ Editorial

BillsNYC

One of the best articles I've read in awhile:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0491303964.html

Whole thing argues this final point:

"Can Mr. Obama still make a mid-course correction, a la Bill Clinton after 1994? Of course he can. What we don't know is whether he has the political instincts and nerve to do so. As a creature of Chicago politics and the legal class, he has lived his entire life in precincts dominated by the political left. On the other hand, he says he is not "an ideologue."

Americans have already sent one rebuke to Democrats in the form of Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts. Now Mr. Bayh, a senior Member of their own party, has sent another by skipping town and putting another Senate seat in play. Our guess is that it will take one more repudiation in November before Democrats relearn that you can't govern America successfully from the political left."

Our guess is that it will take one more repudiation in November before Democrats relearn that you can't govern America successfully from the political left."

I agree, to an extent. Many of the democrats were wavering as it is because of the Brown election, but now with Bayh I would have to believe that many of the members of their caucus will be extremely cautious moving forward, specially regarding health care. I will say this, Obama's decision to move forward with the expansion of Nuclear energy at this point is a direct result of the Massachusetts election.

I agree, to an extent. Many of the democrats were wavering as it is because of the Brown election, but now with Bayh I would have to believe that many of the members of their caucus will be extremely cautious moving forward, specially regarding health care. I will say this, Obama's decision to move forward with the expansion of Nuclear energy at this point is a direct result of the Massachusetts election.

That's tactical. It gives a shitload of jobs to Unions. The only enviros really bent out of shape over this are the extremes and they aren't going to vote for anyone but him anyways.

That's tactical. It gives a shitload of jobs to Unions. The only enviros really bent out of shape over this are the extremes and they aren't going to vote for anyone but him anyways.

I agree, it is tactical, not too much downside here except with a few fringe looneys.

The extremes actually now hate Obama, they think he's the 2nd George W Bush....that's how nuts they are.