Quick question about registering a car in Pennsylvania

Phlegm Alley

Quick question: I moved here from NY last year and just last week, I officially changed my address through the Post Office to my Philadelphia address. I have yet to go to a PA DMV to change my license from NYS to a PA license.

I am also in the process of buying a new car and the person I am buying the car from says that without a Pennsylvania license, the car would end up getting registered in NYS.

Does anyone know if I can still get the car registered in PA without having a PA driver's license, or would I have to get the car registered in NYS, get it inspected in NYS, then change the information over and re-register it once I get a PA license.

Any information or experience had with a similar situation would be extremely helpful.

Wouldn't just be easier to go to the DMV and change your license?

Take your coat off and stay a while.

Does anyone know if I can still get the car registered in PA without having a PA driver's license, or would I have to get the car registered in NYS, get it inspected in NYS, then change the information over and re-register it once I get a PA license.

That's what the plan is Simon, but I am due to purchase this vehicle tomorrow and I would be unable to get to a PennDOT tomorrow due to conflicts with work.

I didn't know if proof of residency was sufficient enough to get a vehicle registered in the state where you had proof of residency.

That's what the plan is Simon, but I am due to purchase this vehicle tomorrow and I would be unable to get to a PennDOT tomorrow due to conflicts with work.

I didn't know if proof of residency was sufficient enough to get a vehicle registered in the state where you had proof of residency.

I dont know then. I guess rely on a notary.

just register it in ny and worry about changing the pa registration later