(OT) DVD Burners

HurlyBurly51

Sorry to put this here, but wasn't getting much traffic on the consumer board. Anyway, if you have any recommendations on the best DVD burners out there, it would really help this newbie. It'll be my first one, and I think I've narrowed it down to a Pioneer or Plextor based on some tidbits I've picked up here before.

I'm looking at an external unit, with all the latest bells and whistles, like highest speeds and dual layer, etc. I saw a Plextor 16x model (PX-7160F) at Best Buy. Anybody use this one? It looked like the best one, but very limited selection for the externals.

Thanks for any help you can provide. BTW, I did do research on this, but I'm just looking for advice based on your personal experiences.

Sorry to put this here, but wasn't getting much traffic on the consumer board.  Anyway, if you have any recommendations on the best DVD burners out there, it would really help this newbie.  It'll be my first one, and I think I've narrowed it down to a Pioneer or Plextor based on some tidbits I've picked up here before.

I'm looking at an external unit, with all the latest bells and whistles, like highest speeds and dual layer, etc.  I saw a Plextor 16x model (PX-7160F) at Best Buy.  Anybody use this one?  It looked like the best one, but very limited selection for the externals.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  BTW, I did do research on this, but I'm just looking for advice based on your personal experiences.

132071[/snapback]

I have a Plextor, internal. Love it. You'll find that the software you use is much more important that the hardware itself. ...