What happened to Trent Edwards?

JPS

I didn't say he was the answer, just the best QB right now on the roster. I'd like to see McNabb or Thigpen brought in, but if not, Fitz and Brohm should compete for the job. Those calling for Trent I just don't understand.

I guess I'll just say I disagree. Fitz hasn't put up good numbers since the Wunderlic and I think if you take each QB at his highest potential, he's by far the worst.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I guess I'll just say I disagree. Fitz hasn't put up good numbers since the Wunderlic and I think if you take each QB at his highest potential, he's by far the worst.

There's something about Mary,

Personally, I like our group of signal callers.

Good post. Trent Edwards is the exact same QB today he was 3 years ago. I don't think we need to look for some kind of post-concussion symptoms that disappear against San Diego only to come back with a vengeance. I think Bills fans were blinded to Edwards' faults by the fact that he was the anti-Losman, but just because a guy has a different set of bad tendencies than Losman doesn't mean he'll ever be a good QB.

Edwards really seems to me like a guy who will go somewhere as a 2nd or 3rd stringer and be perfectly content. And, y'know, good for him. But I really think he's shown us everything he's got and ever had, and it's not starting caliber.

Don't forget about Edwards being unable to figure out what to do vs the 3-4 defenses. That's a big negative point to me. Some of it is coaching but after a couple games, he & the coaches should've figured out how to counter the 3-4 but they couldn't. Edwards started throwing picks and then reverted to check-downs.

I heard a Steve Young interview where he talked about when he figured it out. He could read the defense and make them do what he wanted. He said some QBs never figure it out. I definitely don't think Edwards has figured it out yet.