• Mitchell
    • Moorman
    • Byrd
    • Wood
    • Maybin
    • Stroud
    • Parrish
    • No One

What, like the Patriots do every year? Consistent contenders like the Pats and Steelers are built and maintained through the draft. They aren't afraid to part ways with formerly productive players and know when to do it.

No they usually have the replacement in the fold they are the opposite of rebuilding and so they can take who ever they want without considering needs because they have none if they don't see someone they like they trade to amass valuable picks. they have the luxury of best player available. We don't.

No they usually have the replacement in the fold they are the opposite of rebuilding and so they can take who ever they want without considering needs because they have none if they don't see someone they like they trade to amass valuable picks. they have the luxury of best player available. We don't.

Pats draft for position just like anyone else, And for a while their drafts have sucked too, perhaps even worse than ours

Good I agree...that is precisely how I voted!! Lynch should be traded or let go..his a non effective gangster punk so far that brings a team down and right now we'd probably only get a 4th round pick for him ! It's a shame because I think that he has the ability to be an excellent running back, but for some reason he seems to want to impress people with how tough and cool he is. I know someone well that was at a medical center and he walked in to meet D. Whitner during the season when D. Whitner was bragging that he was cleared to play...and Lynch was the only one that was loud and obnoxious...just craving attention and making a big scene. I'll take a 4th for Lynch too, but he's wasting his god given talent to be known as a criminal and a hood rather than the superb, and powerful back that he could be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

to be honest, i was against getting rid of mcgahee all along. just because he has kids out of wedlock and he said buffalo doesn't have a lot to do vs a miami or toronto, well he's probably right. it meant we had to, in my mind, waste a 1st round pick on a running back like lynch, 2 SPOTS AHEAD OF Darrelle Revis. The DB happy Bills could very well have taken him. really whats the difference bewteen lynch and mcgahee? reasonably strong guys, but too slow to break many big ones. and if anything lynch's off field issues are worse.

If someone is drafting WR in the 1st round it could be interesting to get a 29yr old vet who should have another 5 yrs of peak performance left in him, instead of an unproven rook. I've seen some mocks have Bengals targeting a WR, I bet they'd at least listen.

1) No one is going to assume '5 more years of peak performance' from a 29 yo that relies on speed. That's a bigger crap shoot than the rookie.

2) What exactly is 'peak performance' from Lee Evans? He averages <60 catches a year and has had exactly one 'peak' season in his career. Any GM would expect a much bigger career from a 1st round WR.

There is no way that anyone would offer a 1st for Evans under any circumstances. He would bring a 3d at best.