TSO show

Mr Info

Saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight for the first time. We went out of curiosity to see a holiday show (and also due to some recommendations from this board: LewPort71, Fezmid & Campy; to name a few).

I counted 8 singers, 7 musicians, and 8 people added to the group from the local symphony. Some traditional Christmas songs (a lot of those were the type where you recognize some of the lyrics but can't remember the title) as well as originals and everything from blues to Beethoven to Led Zep to Latin chants.

Outstanding show - and it is a performance. The laser and light show as well as the pyrotechnics were impressive. The real snow fall was cool. They used mini snow machines and due to the low humidity in the Coliseum, most of it evaporated before it landed.

It's all well-choreographed but you are not sacrificing style for substance. They compliment each other. I'll being seeing them again some day.

Saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight for the first time. We went out of curiosity to see a holiday show (and also due to some recommendations from this board: LewPort71, Fezmid & Campy; to name a few).

I counted 8 singers, 7 musicians, and 8 people added to the group from the local symphony. Some traditional Christmas songs (a lot of those were the type where you recognize some of the lyrics but can't remember the title) as well as originals and everything from blues to Beethoven to Led Zep to Latin chants.

Outstanding show - and it is a performance. The laser and light show as well as the pyrotechnics were impressive. The real snow fall was cool. They used mini snow machines and due to the low humidity in the Coliseum, most of it evaporated before it landed.

It's all well-choreographed but you are not sacrificing style for substance. They compliment each other. I'll being seeing them again someday.

131707[/snapback]

I saw them two years ago. I agree, very cool show.

I was there tonight as well. Glad to see them again. Great show and they are able to do a lot more now they are playing arenas. Bob Kinkel is a family friend. Alex Skolnick rocks as usual. I missed Joe Cerisano but his replacement was excellent, and I was sad to hear about the passing of Daryl Pediford. His performance was missed. RIP. My father really enjoyed the show as well. Great night.

It's all well-choreographed but you are not sacrificing style for substance. They compliment each other. I'll being seeing them again someday.

131707[/snapback]