I bought the new U2

Pete

I listened to it twice and need to listen to it a few more times before forming a complete opinion. So far, I think it's Edge's best guitar album in a long time and there are 4 or 5 songs that rank up there with anything they've ever done. All because of you is the best song on the album and Sometimes you can't make it on your own is a tremendous ballad. Vertigo is one of their best ever (2nd best song). Love and Peace or Else is excellent as is City of Blinding Lights, One Step Closer and Original of the species. I don't particularly like Miracle Drug, A man and a Woman and Yahweh. Fast Cars (last song on Album) has a unique sound to it. Overall, Bono sometimes tries to put too many words into a verse and this isn't an album with a lot of "catch Choruses". From reviews, I was expecting it to be up there with Achtung and Joshua, but, I think it falls a step short. Still, it's a very good album, just not a classic.

Actually...that honor has to go to either Queen or Culture Club.

131885[/snapback]

I saw Greenday in '94. They actually had an openly gay band called Pantywaste open. They were booed off the stage, due to constant pro gay references... Their appearence was unannounced and it got ugly very fast.

Bad move by that promoter. :D