Why the Fever for LeFevour?

Mikie2times

Yeah, and all the "experts" have him going in Rd 3-4, some even as high as 2. Plus the write-ups out of Mobile, granted it's only day 3, are that he is "By Far" the most impressive QB there...Good assessment on your part cuz, you know, I'm sure you have no bias :thumbsup::beer::lol:

other than you, who has said that LeFvour has "by far" been the most impressive QB there?

He has a lot of big accomplishments over a LONG period of time. He redshirted then started ever since. Big accomplishments/numbers are nothing new to the MAC, Freddie Barnes made over 160 catches this year.

LeFevour is a product of Brain Kelly system. Sure Kelly left, but his system never left. The typical spread option run with tons of great crossing routes and screens mixed in. Passing ball control if you will…..

Lefevour was out of Shotgun most the time. He ran the ball a lot out of option looks. Mid level arm, mid level accuracy, he does have good size, and also has the look of an 18 year old.

I’ve watched the guy a lot. Central Michigan is my former college’s biggest rival. I guess I just don’t see why so many are calling for the guy. He was a good college player, but I don’t see him transitioning at all to the NFL game. Maybe in the 5th or 6th round I would consider him.

+1000

He will be lucky to be playing in Canada next season.

Google 2010 Senior Bowl Coverage...more than a couple! :thumbsup:

Ok I did and just found this Day 3 Scouting report -

http://www.newerascouting.com/01/2010-seni...e-north-report/

QUARTERBACKS

–Trevor Can­field (Ore­gon State) cemented him­self as the top sig­nal caller on the North squad in my book. His arm strength is sus­pect, but he knows how to make up for it. He con­sis­tently throws a tight spi­ral and his abil­ity to put the ball exactly where he wants to is a tremen­dous asset. I really like this kid and his future is brighter than Pike and LeFevour.

Here is Day 2 report

QUARTERBACKS

–Another rough day for Tony Pike (Cincin­nati). He was miss­ing on a lot of easy throws by a wide mar­gin. He missed a sta­tion­ary Gilyard on a stay pass. He then rolled to his right and threw at Gar­rett Graham’s feet despite no defender in between the two. His balls are not com­ing out crisp, throw­ing a lot of wobblers.

–Dan LeFevour (Cen­tral Michi­gan) had a rough time in the team drills, but I don’t think it was his fault. The offen­sive line was being oblit­er­ated play after play and LeFevour could not step in to his throws. There is not a lot of power in that arm, but he does know how to put a ball on a cer­tain spot despite being pressured.

He has a lot of big accomplishments over a LONG period of time. He redshirted then started ever since. Big accomplishments/numbers are nothing new to the MAC, Freddie Barnes made over 160 catches this year.

LeFevour is a product of Brain Kelly system. Sure Kelly left, but his system never left. The typical spread option run with tons of great crossing routes and screens mixed in. Passing ball control if you will…..

Lefevour was out of Shotgun most the time. He ran the ball a lot out of option looks. Mid level arm, mid level accuracy, he does have good size, and also has the look of an 18 year old.

I’ve watched the guy a lot. Central Michigan is my former college’s biggest rival. I guess I just don’t see why so many are calling for the guy. He was a good college player, but I don’t see him transitioning at all to the NFL game. Maybe in the 5th or 6th round I would consider him.