Question for the Draft gooroos

95altima12

If we went with JC with the 9th pick (i know he prob wont be there) but if we did is there depth in the draft to get a good LT at the second round or move up and get one? I was just thinking of our forth pick in last years draft with Andy and how good he has turned out. I know we don't have the picks we did last year and that he is a guard not LT but maybe we trade RP and or maybe Mccargo even though we prob wont get much but we can maybe move up and get the OB and LT we need... I guess my main concern is the O-fence I think the D can handel it's self a long as we do a thing or two in FA and they aren't on the feild 45 mins of the game!

Thanks

PS. I just don't know much about college players thats why I am asking

If we went with JC with the 9th pick (i know he prob wont be there) but if we did is there depth in the draft to get a good LT at the second round or move up and get one? I was just thinking of our forth pick in last years draft with Andy and how good he has turned out. I know we don't have the picks we did last year and that he is a guard not LT but maybe we trade RP and or maybe Mccargo even though we prob wont get much but we can maybe move up and get the OB and LT we need... I guess my main concern is the O-fence I think the D can handel it's self a long as we do a thing or two in FA and they aren't on the feild 45 mins of the game!

Thanks

Probably won't be a stud LT left at #9 to begin with, much less later than that. My guess is they will have to address it through free agency or (god I hope not) stick with what we had last year.

Thanks

its possible, depending on what the other teams have on their boards, for ex. many mocks have bruce campbell slipping out of the 1st rd. he is raw, but very strong, and by all accounts his best football is yet to come, but he may not last to the #41 pick. Also, Mike Iupati from idaho, is listed as a guard, but has the size, measureables, foot speed and toughness to kick out to Left Tackle. Guards almost never go in rd 1, so he may be there at the 41 spot.

Probably won't be a stud LT left at #9 to begin with, much less later than that. My guess is they will have to address it through free agency or (god I hope not) stick with what we had last year.

I don't agree with that comment..there are at least 6 LT's that should go in round 1...Okung, Campbell, Davis, Brown, Williams and Bulaga...Okung should be top 5 pick...this is a very good draft for LT's...Depending on which "draft experts" you talk to, Williams could drop to round 2...Fox could be there in round 2, but hes coming off surgery and could drop to round 3...after thos 7, I have no clue as to who the better LT's are.

I don't agree with that comment..there are at least 6 LT's that should go in round 1...Okung, Campbell, Davis, Brown, Williams and Bulaga...Okung should be top 5 pick...this is a very good draft for LT's...Depending on which "draft experts" you talk to, Williams could drop to round 2...Fox could be there in round 2, but hes coming off surgery and could drop to round 3...after thos 7, I have no clue as to who the better LT's are.

Thanks for the info... I might be looking at it the wrong way and should be thinking what QB's will be there at 2 or 3... I am just thinking ralph is going to want to get someone in to get the fans excited again (another TO) if he doesn't do it in FA he might have to in the draft and I don't think Teebow or any QB left in later rounds will put many people in the stands...

there won't be a stud LT at 41 but there will probably be some capable talent there. Selvish Capers, Bruce Campbell, Vladimir Duccasse may still be on the board. The stud LTs - Okung, Bulaga and Anthony Davis - will be gone.

IMO if we have a good sense that we will be taking a QB at 9 and that one will be there, we should open the piggy bank for a LT in free agency. Then in the 2nd we can go Cody or other Defensive front 7.