Sam Bradford

Alot of mocks have us taking this QB if he slides. Now... I haven't watched him much and I believe arm strength means alot if drafted to Buffalo. Does this kid have the arm strength because he is a puny little thing. 6'3... maybe 217 lbs? This kid will get rocked in the NFL. Any insight?

The most acclaimed attribute of Bradford is his accuracy. He doesn't have a canon arm but he does have a good arm. Although I have been touting the necessity of getting a LT in this draft to bolster our line, if the Bills drafted Bradford, I would be more than happy. Some scouts are wary of a qb who mostly worked in a shotgun system. I'm not with him. From what I have read about him he is a good leader and hard worker. If he would have come out of the draft last year some scouts believed that he would have been taken ahead of Stafford because of his impressive passing accuracy.

Bradford is the type of person who if it was required for him to bulk up a little for durability he would put in the training time to accomplish it. Living in the DC metro area it is widely reported that the Redskins have their eyes on him to replace their present qb, Jason Campbell. The Skins have the fourth pick so if they decided on that route the Bills wouldn't be able to take him.

The most acclaimed attribute of Bradford is his accuracy. He doesn't have a canon arm but he does have a good arm. Although I have been touting the necessity of getting a LT in this draft to bolster our line, if the Bills drafted Bradford, I would be more than happy. Some scouts are wary of a qb who mostly worked in a shotgun system. I'm not with him. From what I have read about him he is a good leader and hard worker. If he would have come out of the draft last year some scouts believed that he would have been taken ahead of Stafford because of his impressive passing accuracy.

Bradford is the type of person who if it was required for him to bulk up a little for durability he would put in the training time to accomplish it. Living in the DC metro area it is widely reported that the Redskins have their eyes on him to replace their present qb, Jason Campbell. The Skins have the fourth pick so if they decided on that route the Bills wouldn't be able to take him.

Does Chad Pennington ring a bell?

the arm is ok, but it won't dazzle anybody, he's real thin, and needs to add weight, limited mobility, not much under center experience, hasn't had to deal with a pashrush much at oklahoma, pocket awareness could be an issue, pennington is a very favorable comparison.

The physical reconstruction of his throwing shoulder is what is of most concern to me.

His shoulder got absolutely flattened in that game against BYU, and he reinjured the same shoulder later in the year.

He might now have a noodle for an arm.

the arm is ok, but it won't dazzle anybody, he's real thin, and needs to add weight, limited mobility, not much under center experience, hasn't had to deal with a pashrush much at oklahoma, pocket awareness could be an issue, pennington is a very favorable comparison.

I dont want Chad Pennington v2.0 on the Bills.Id like our qb to be able to get the ball down the field.I think Bradford has all the makings for a dink and dunk qb, Edwardsesqe which we have seen far to often recently.

I dont want Chad Pennington v2.0 on the Bills.Id like our qb to be able to get the ball down the field.I think Bradford has all the makings for a dink and dunk qb, Edwardsesqe which we have seen far to often recently.

lmao. Bradford, dink and dunk? It's becoming quite apparent that maybe 4-5 posters on this board watch college football.

Tom Brady: 6'4 225

Sam Bradford: 6'4 223

Peyton Manning: 6'5 230

"paper thin" :doh: People need to get a clue. I didn't realize a QB had to weigh 400lbs to be ready for the NFL.

Arm Strength...........See Chad Pennington,Kelly Holcomb,Trent Edwards.....................Some people need to get a clue.

Tom Brady: 6'4 225

Sam Bradford: 6'4 223

Peyton Manning: 6'5 230

"paper thin" :doh: People need to get a clue. I didn't realize a QB had to weigh 400lbs to be ready for the NFL.

Did manning and brady have major injuries in college???? no

does Bradford, at 197-205, not 223 need to add SOME weight, yes

No one is saying he needs to be the next jared lorenzen, or jamarcus russell, but at his size he would benefit from bulking up a bit.

Arm Strength...........See Chad Pennington,Kelly Holcomb,Trent Edwards.....................Some people need to get a clue.

dude, he may not have the strongest arm in the draft, but it's not weak for crying out loud. People on here are like parrots - they hear one thing and then just keep repeating it over and over again w/o any thought process of their own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-gL0PSvNk

He probably would've gone number 1 overall if he came out last season. Arm strenght concerns my ass.

No one is saying he needs to be the next jared lorenzen, or jamarcus russell, but at his size he would benefit from bulking up a bit.

Other than one of these geek draft boards, i've never seen Bradford listed at 197..maybe coming out of high school.

And i wasn't referencing his injury, just the posts re: his height/weight. Obviously his shoulder is a more legit topic/question...but if doctors clear him, it shouldn't be an issue at all. Before the shoulder injury he never missed a game.

Jim Kellys shoulder injuries really hurt his career in the NFL too.

And you are saying he weighs 197-205 from what you saw on TV? If so, you can't tell anything like that accurately on TV. Brady looks tiny on TV but in real life he is a pretty big dude. Think before you post...

Is that the Chad Pennington that took the Dolphins to the playoffs?

JP Losman had a cannon. Unfortnately he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

The ability to throw the ball 60 yards downfield is but one piece of a massive puzzle. I'd rather not chose a QB based solely on arm strength.

And you are saying he weighs 197-205 from what you saw on TV? If so, you can't tell anything like that accurately on TV. Brady looks tiny on TV but in real life he is a pretty big dude. Think before you post...

no that was on a scouting report. Think before you post

Is that the Chad Pennington that took the Dolphins to the playoffs?

JP Losman had a cannon. Unfortnately he couldn't read a defense to save his life.

The ability to throw the ball 60 yards downfield is but one piece of a massive puzzle. I'd rather not chose a QB based solely on arm strength.

I agree but id rather have someone who is capable of throwing the ball 60 yards into the wind to a wide open Lee Evans or Steve Johnson.I dont believe Bradford can do it,therefore id chose Clausen,(who btw has played in cold weather). That is the point im trying to make,i prefer Clausen over Bradford based on arm strength,(everything else being equal).

The physical reconstruction of his throwing shoulder is what is of most concern to me.

His shoulder got absolutely flattened in that game against BYU, and he reinjured the same shoulder later in the year.

He might now have a noodle for an arm.

Isn't it basically the same surgery Drew Brees had, that scared the Dolphins away from him?