SI article about Jim Irsay - great one IMO

bbb

I too thought the apple didn't fall too far from the tree and he was an !@#$ like his father. I guess there is hope.

When Jim Irsay took over from his obnoxious drunken father he hired Bill Polian and ran a more professional operation. The failed franchise became one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. When the cheap and ornery Bill Bidwell of the Cardinals turned over the losing and one of the most ridiculed franchises to his son, who was a former U.S. Attorney, the franchise became playoff participants, losing a very close game in the SB, and becoming one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NFL.

Anyone who doesn't think that the caliber of ownership is important to the success of a franchise needs to look at Buffalo. Teams known for failure can turn it around rather quickly when there is some enlighted leadership emanting from the top.

When Jim Irsay took over from his obnoxious drunken father he hired Bill Polian and ran a more professional operation. The failed franchise became one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. When the cheap and ornery Bill Bidwell of the Cardinals turned over the losing and one of the most ridiculed franchises to his son, who was a former U.S. Attorney, the franchise became playoff participants, losing a very close game in the SB, and becoming one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the NFL.

Anyone who doesn't think that the caliber of ownership is important to the success of a franchise needs to look at Buffalo. Teams known for failure can turn it around rather quickly when there is some enlighted leadership emanting from the top.

no way! so having an increasingly more crappy owner makes your franchise suck! wow, i had no idea.