Why I'll still be a Bills fan...

Heels20X6

You know what? Things suck. We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years, we've had one bad coach after another and now, after being promised "sweeping changes", Ralph stiffs us with a GM from within the organization and a head coach nobody was beating down doors to get to.

But I'll still be here. Like it or hate it, this is my team. Til either they or I are no more. Why do I stick around? Why do people buy lottery tickets knowing that the odds are completely stacked against them?

Hope.

Hope that maybe, despite Ralph's best efforts, that this team will rise again. Rise again so that me and my long suffering brothers and sisters that is my Bills family will once again be able to wear our Bills gear with pride, to show the world that Buffalo can matter....

...that's why.

I do it for moments like this:

And times like this:

Don't pity me for sticking around this mess. I chose to stay here cuz this is my team.

You know what? Things suck. We haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years, we've had one bad coach after another and now, after being promised "sweeping changes", Ralph stiffs us with a GM from within the organization and a head coach nobody was beating down doors to get to.

But I'll still be here. Like it or hate it, this is my team. Til either they or I are no more. Why do I stick around? Why do people buy lottery tickets knowing that the odds are completely stacked against them?

Hope.

Hope that maybe, despite Ralph's best efforts, that this team will rise again. Rise again so that me and my long suffering brothers and sisters that is my Bills family will once again be able to wear our Bills gear with pride, to show the world that Buffalo can matter....

...that's why.

And times like this:

Don't pity me for sticking around this mess. I chose to stay here cuz this is my team.

Amen. Anyone who became a Bills fan thinking that it would always be good times had no business ever being a Bills fan.

The Bills are my team because I live closer to them than any other NFL team. That, honestly, is the single reason. Its not like I love their style of football :sick:, or get excited watching their games :huh: , or like them cause they always win :unsure: , or love their awesome tradition of excellence :lol: , or am a fan of the superstar players on the team :unsure: , or think they have really cool uniforms :bag: - you know, the reason most people start rooting for a team other than its their local team. I think that is what is most embarrassing about this franchise. There is no reason to like them - AT ALL - other than "I am from Buffalo/WNY and so are they". I mean yea, I guess if you were young and liked watching the Kelly era Bills, and got hooked you could still like them today - but how many of those band wagon jumpers are STILL around rooting on the Bills 20 years later?

Thats why this franchise is "dying" and exporting games to Canada - its because they have no fans outside the Buffalo Market (this does not include displaced WNYers obviously). Think about how many Dallas and Miami fans you know who are from WNY, there are many. How many Buffalo fans are there native to Dallas and Miami? Not many.

I know I turned on a bunch of Minn games this year (I like their style of football) Same with Balt and Dallas. I turned on a bunch of Skins and Tenn games to watch specific players (VY/Orakpo). No one does that with the Bills - hell they couldnt if they tried, Buffalo is never broadcast nationwide. We suck.

Haven't had a chance to check out the links, but....

You're in, or you're out. If you're not in it for the long haul, then you might as well just root for whoever has the best record that week.

Hope springs eternal, regardless of what the naysayers yowl.

I really think I am only remaining a Bills fan. Because I want to share it with my sons when they get older. I really hate Ralph for shitting on Bills fans, but I am just hoping we get lucky and there is something to cheer for in a few years. That's it. I think the Nix hire is a joke and I don't expect this move to work at all.

Hope.

...that's why.

And times like this:

Good to hear. It's also sounds like you have things in the proper perspective.

... because we all will be, forever. It's in our DNA. Unfortunately, Ralph has known this since the beginning.

We huff, we puff, we complain, we moan .... and then we buy tickets, NFL Sunday Ticket (for those of us out-of-town), jerseys, and every training camp take an itsy-bit of comfort in the fact that everyone is now 0-0.