Just say NO to drafting a 1st rd QB!!!!

Poeticlaw

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, so a rookie QB in his rookie year takes a year to adjust to the pro game and you assume he is permanently over his head? In that same quote he also said its completely different now and is ready to compete...come on bro, you want to condem a high draft pick becuase he didnt adjust fast enough his rookie year to the speed and complexity to the game while playing the most complicated position in all of professional sports?

Dude, i'm not assuming anything, i'm just going off of what HE said himself. And it's not as if he was a rookie QB taking every snap of every game and he was in over his head..he was a rookie on the PRACTICE SQUAD, AND STILL IN OVER HIS HEAD. If you can't figure out how important that distinction is, then there is no hope.

I don't dislike Brohm dude...but please, don't sit there and tell me how Brohm even BEGINS to compare to Bradford in terms of talent or their collegiate careers (which is all we can go by since Brohm had done 0 in the nfl thus far).

I agree 100 %. Without a Quarterback you have nothing....

This is true for sure, but the history in this league is that a team is far more likely to find a QB capable of leading a team to an SB victory through a trade, a lower round draft pick, or through FA rather than by drafting a QB in the first. The most recent history because of the achievements of Manning and RoboQB are somewhat illusory as no QB since Aikman has led the team which drafted him to an SB win.

If you want to talk real world examples, do you see any of the likely first round choices like Clausen, Bradford or Tebow having the same consensus adulation that Manning had (and even with a strong endorsement of him there was a strong element of Ryan Leaf backers in that draft).

It seems to make far more sense for us to look to get our franchise QB through the methods other teams have found methods for finding franchise QBs or at least QBs capable of leading a team to an SB wins that other teams used because even if the chances are high investing in any QB, at least with methods other than investing a 1st round choice the risk is lower.

I think we are better off shooting to find the next Dilfer, Brad Johnson, or Tom Brady rather than pretending Clausen, Bradfor, or Tebow is the next Manning or RoboQB.

Without a QB you might have nothing and by drafting a QB in the first one increases the chance your pick is going to be nothing and it costs you big time.

Dude, i'm not assuming anything, i'm just going off of what HE said himself. And it's not as if he was a rookie QB taking every snap of every game and he was in over his head..he was a rookie on the PRACTICE SQUAD, AND STILL IN OVER HIS HEAD. If you can't figure out how important that distinction is, then there is no hope.

I don't dislike Brohm dude...but please, don't sit there and tell me how Brohm even BEGINS to compare to Bradford in terms of talent or their collegiate careers (which is all we can go by since Brohm had done 0 in the nfl thus far).

You just indicated that you really dont know a whole lot about Brohm other than he was on a practice squad. Brohm was PUT on the practice squad because he didnt transition to the speed of the NFL as a rookie as fast as Flynn. Brohm wasnt lost ON the practice squad as you are implyiing in your post. And by year two and in Buffalo he felt he was ready and had become comfortable with the speed of the game. Unfortunately in GB, they love Flynn and there wasnt room on the roster for Brohm when they had so many needs.

Come on man with the stats stuff...Rule #1, comparing college stats is absurd...NCAA passing reocrd holders are players like Chang, Brett Elliot, David Klingler, Andre Ware, etc etc...most you have never heard of in other words or never amount to anything at the pro level. Most are products of systems rather than talent.

Case in point, guess who would the first QB taken in this draft if he came out? Jake Locker...his stats are no where near those of the other QB's nor his record...its because he is beleived to have much more upside as a NFL QB and his skills project better to the pro level...