Terrible News

Except that team had no less than 5 future Hall of Famers on it when Levy got here.

Not to mention the best GM in the business in Polian. No coach can win without the players to do it. Some coaches can make above average players/teams great, no coach can make a terrible team good.

The old guy is Ralpf, thats who needs to go to a nursing home. About Gailey. What has he ever won? he was handed a great team when he was with Dallas. He gets to the playoffs yes, but gets killed. He did nothing at Georgia Tech the only thing he may have done was get the dolphins to a respectable 11-5, but he wasn't calling the shots there as an OC.

This situation is totally different. He has to bring this team back from the depths of depravity and lead them into the playoffs. It takes someone with a little more moxy than what he brings. I rate this guy below Perry Fewell, way below him.

He was handed a 6-10 team in Dallas, hardly great, and took them to the playoffs both years and won his division his 1st year.....thats a division with the Giants and Philly. I read that earlier this month Jerry Jones lamented that he fired him too soon and apparently Cowher recommended him to us. I'll take him over Jauron and all of the assistants that have been mentioned.

If we couldn't get Cowher I wanted Marty Schottenheimer, if we couldn't get Marty I wanted to keep Fewell. Shannahan is over-rated as we will see in Washington. Gruden would have been fun but aside from inheriting a brilliant Dungy team what has he done? At least Gaily is a winner...teams he has been part of have been winners. Although I never thought of him and am shocked, I think we could have done worse. I think we're closer than most of us fans feel. Just some in-game thinking and adjusting would be nice. (San Diego's on-side kick was a Bills type move but that debate is a whole nother thread) We played some good teams very tough this year. I would like to see a switch to a 3-4 defense which means were farther way than I'd like but maybe not.

Guess I'll renew my DirectV SuperFan for another year.