Current coaching mess

rcatty

It should be obvious to all that the "league", and especially potential coaches who view themselves as having great potential, are staying clear of Buffalo. The league knows that the team mess in Buffalo is especially deep, and with Ralph at the helm there is little chance of resurrecting it. Wilson caused this mess being cheap, not wanting to pay scale to players, coaches, and front office personnel. Those of us who have been fans since the team's inception understand how Wilson works. We have had two brief periods of success out of 50 years of front office/coaching futility. Now the mess is so bad, and entrenched, anyone with ability wants to stay away. Look at the successful people he let get away: Polian, Butler, AJ Smith, Bobby April, Pat Williams, Jaberi Greer, Antoine Winfield. The list goes on and on.

I know that at least one general manager candidate with excellent credentials was ignored by Ralph. Indeed, he was mentioned in several articles in the Buffalo newspapers as having potential, and should have been looked at by Ralph. Ralph blew the opportunity.

When you see candidates turning down Buffalo you can be certain that Wilson's Bills are viewed as a joke throughout the league.

For those of us who had the privilege of watching Cookie Gilchrist, Jack Kemp, and Mike Stratton's "hit heard around the world", this is a catastrophe, and worse than the abyss of the "Harvey Johnson years".

It should be obvious to all that the "league", and especially potential coaches who view themselves as having great potential, are staying clear of Buffalo. The league knows that the team mess in Buffalo is especially deep, and with Ralph at the helm there is little chance of resurrecting it. Wilson caused this mess being cheap, not wanting to pay scale to players, coaches, and front office personnel. Those of us who have been fans since the team's inception understand how Wilson works. We have had two brief periods of success out of 50 years of front office/coaching futility. Now the mess is so bad, and entrenched, anyone with ability wants to stay away. Look at the successful people he let get away: Polian, Butler, AJ Smith, Bobby April, Pat Williams, Jaberi Greer, Antoine Winfield. The list goes on and on.

I know that at least one general manager candidate with excellent credentials was ignored by Ralph. Indeed, he was mentioned in several articles in the Buffalo newspapers as having potential, and should have been looked at by Ralph. Ralph blew the opportunity.

When you see candidates turning down Buffalo you can be certain that Wilson's Bills are viewed as a joke throughout the league.

For those of us who had the privilege of watching Cookie Gilchrist, Jack Kemp, and Mike Stratton's "hit heard around the world", this is a catastrophe, and worse than the abyss of the "Harvey Johnson years".

ohhhh, sorry old man for all of your heartache...I guess us youngsters who ONLY had to watch 4 straight heartbreaking super bowl losses followed by what is nearing two decades of putrid football dont have any right to complain...we arent knowledgeable enough to realize what a crappy situation this franchise is in....go toot your own horn some more with your harvey johnson and jack kemp references

I know a catastrophe when I see one too gramps, and ive been watching it all for the past twenty years

ohhhh, sorry old man for all of your heartache...I guess us youngsters who ONLY had to watch 4 straight heartbreaking super bowl losses followed by what is nearing two decades of putrid football dont have any right to complain...we arent knowledgeable enough to realize what a crappy situation this franchise is in....go toot your own horn some more with your harvey johnson and jack kemp references

I know a catastrophe when I see one too gramps, and ive been watching it all for the past twenty years

?????????????????????????

So you agree with him, but feel the need to give him a ration of **** because he is older than you?

A new level or ridiculousness may have just been achieved on this board! My congratulations, that wasn't easy to accomplish.

well put and right on point!

I guess I qualify for the "old man" club too.

I recall 4 periods of sucess.

1. AFL Championship Years - Lou Saban I

2. OJ mid 70's years - Lou Saban II

3. Chuck Knox Years

4. Super Bowl Years under Polian and Butler

I totally agree that the loss of top front office talent is a problem that falls directly at Ralph's feet.

I cannot agree that the loss of the players you name as a major reason for our current situation or even Ralphs fault. Free agency is a fact of life and every team loses players due to the cap. For example, losing Pat Williams was indeed a big deal and was due to a regime change and the salary cap. Greer, while a good player and more like an average CB.

I think Buddy Nix could be a good GM and I sure hope he can hire a good coach and more importantly, improve the talent on this team.