a year ago today......Circuit City went buh-bye

The Poojer

yeah, just when i actually was starting to make some 'inroads' with a couple chicks...i have to relocate 5 hours away, other than being jobless, that may rank second on least appealing things in a guy :blink: ......kinda sucks! oh well

No, living in your parents basement is the worst. Don't forget moving expenses are 100% tax deducible.

Don't forget moving expenses are 100% tax deducible.

Are they really? I wish I'd have known that a while ago...interesting.

Are they really? I wish I'd have known that a while ago...interesting.

Simple one page form from the IRS. Must be more than 50 miles, though. And intend to stay 36 months or more. Intend, not actually have been there that long.

Edit irs

OOP's remembered it wrong. Weeks not months. But again, it's if you intend to be there that long it's immediately deductible. For example if you move in Dec. the amount is deductible the following year, even if you haven't met the time requirement yet.

Simple one page form from the IRS. Must be more than 50 miles, though. And intend to stay 36 months or more. Intend, not actually have been there that long.

Edit irs

OOP's remembered it wrong. Weeks not months. But again, it's if you intend to be there that long it's immediately deductible. For example if you move in Dec. the amount is deductible the following year, even if you haven't met the time requirement yet.

very cool, thanks man....I have been toying with the idea of moving back north for a while now....I'll keep this in mind when I pull the trigger :blink:

very cool, thanks man....I have been toying with the idea of moving back north for a while now....I'll keep this in mind when I pull the trigger :censored:

Sure saved me some dough. When I last moved I had to cash a IRA to cover the expenses. As pure luck would have it :blink: my moving bill was EXACTLY the same as the value of the IRA :censored:

yeah, just when i actually was starting to make some 'inroads' with a couple chicks...i have to relocate 5 hours away, other than being jobless, that may rank second on least appealing things in a guy :rolleyes: ......kinda sucks! oh well

Well, here's one that seems to be on the rebound... :wallbash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVJdBk5w3tE...feature=related

Yep, My brother-in-law was the warehouse manager here at our local store. He loved it. He was laid off about a year before they went bye-bye, when they were consolidating management and cutting wages.

They are just finishing it up, and H.H. Gregg is now moving into the old spot.