The front office is inept -- even with the HC search

jahnyc

I cannot remember a head coaching search with this level of ineptitude. Can you ever remember a team being turned down for interviews by so many coordinators (and former coaches)? I don't understand why the Bills could not have determined whether Schottenheimer and Rivera were interested through back channel communications. Is Grimm going to interview? Even if he interviews, his hesitancy is troubling, and I would bet that he will not be interested because of what happened with TD and Mularkey. The Cowher thing has been a disaster, and along with Shanahan's lack of interest, has made the franchise look bad.

If Brandon is such a marketing genius, why has this search been handled so poorly? The team has known for months that they will need a new head coach, why didn't they target someone that they could get? Having all of this play out in public has been terrible.

I cannot remember a head coaching search with this level of ineptitude. Can you ever remember a team being turned down for interviews by so many coordinators (and former coaches)? I don't understand why the Bills could not have determined whether Schottenheimer and Rivera were interested through back channel communications. Is Grimm going to interview? Even if he interviews, his hesitancy is troubling, and I would bet that he will not be interested because of what happened with TD and Mularkey. The Cowher thing has been a disaster, and along with Shanahan's lack of interest, has made the franchise look bad.

If Brandon is such a marketing genius, why has this search been handled so poorly? The team has known for months that they will need a new head coach, why didn't they target someone that they could get? Having all of this play out in public has been terrible.

not sure if you've seen this...but schefter makes it seem pretty bad.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...aching-thoughts

Thanks, I had not seen that. It is bad when Schefter is talking about us going with Frazier "by default."

None of these reporters have a clue what is going on. They just speculate to fill time on their shows. Not sure what is a disaster right now? They are targeting coordinators that are still coaching in the playoffs.

None of these reporters have a clue what is going on. They just speculate to fill time on their shows. Not sure what is a disaster right now? They are targeting coordinators that are still coaching in the playoffs.

obvioulsy you're not paying attention

They targeted some coordinators that were not interested in coming to Buffalo. Most coordinators would jump to interview for a HC position, regardless of location. There is a negative perception out there about the Bills, and this coaching search has exacerbated the situation. The Bills have had difficulty attracting free agents (unless they grossly overpay). Now they are having trouble attracting a head coach. This will also impact the ability of the head coach that is selected to put together a strong staff of assistant coaches.

Sorry, but not making the playoffs for 10 years is a disaster in itself, but the search for a head coach by the front office has made the Bills look silly and undesirable.