Customizable Portal?

The Dean

I'm looking for a nice homepage for some of my customers who currently use Yahoo/MSN/Comcast/AT&T, simply because they have an email account with that service and like the instant access to the webmail mixed with news, sports, weather, etc.

I know this sounds really basic, but does anyone use (or know of) a good Internet Portal that is customizable and allows the user to pick the news sources, use different (and maybe multiple) email accounts on the home page, pick weather and sports sources, etc?

In the long run, I should probably design them a custom homepage that does just that, but until then...can you help a brother out?

I know this should be moved to the Consumer board, but if you can leave it here for a little while, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a nice homepage for some of my customers who currently use Yahoo/MSN/Comcast/AT&T, simply because they have an email account with that service and like the instant access to the webmail mixed with news, sports, weather, etc.

I know this sounds really basic, but does anyone use (or know of) a good Internet Portal that is customizable and allows the user to pick the news sources, use different (and maybe multiple) email accounts on the home page, pick weather and sports sources, etc?

In the long run, I should probably design them a custom homepage that does just that, but until then...can you help a brother out?

I know this should be moved to the Consumer board, but if you can leave it here for a little while, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about the email piece, but igoogle has the rest of it.

I'm not sure about the email piece, but igoogle has the rest of it.

Yes, I have several people using iGoogle. But the email piece is essential. Many of my customers are older and less flexible. Trying to switch them to Google Mail (even with keeping their current email address) is a deal breaker.

I recall having used something like this years ago, but don't remember what it was. Maybe it was something custom made.

Thanks for the input, PF.

Yes, I have several people using iGoogle. But the email piece is essential. Many of my customers are older and less flexible. Trying to switch them to Google Mail (even with keeping their current email address) is a deal breaker.

I recall having used something like this years ago, but don't remember what it was. Maybe it was something custom made.

Thanks for the input, PF.

Actually iGoogle does seem to have an email gadget which you can customize for your own email account. MyMail or something like that. My work firewall has it blocked so I can't check it out right now, but it's a possibility.

Actually iGoogle does seem to have an email gadget which you can customize for your own email account. MyMail or something like that. My work firewall has it blocked so I can't check it out right now, but it's a possibility.

Really? I will check it out here.

Thanks

I was going to suggest making a custom page yourself. It's been years since I did that, though.

A friend told me about NetVibes a little while ago. I just did a very quick look at it and it seems to have all your requirements.

Pageflakes.com is another one to look at that's just something different than the mainstream.

I was going to suggest making a custom page yourself. It's been years since I did that, though.

A friend told me about NetVibes a little while ago. I just did a very quick look at it and it seems to have all your requirements.

Pageflakes.com is another one to look at that's just something different than the mainstream.

Thanks. I will check those out, too.