About that QB....

RockPile007

While I think Brohm should be given a chance to compete, but looking at the fact that a 2nd round pick couldn't even

stay on GB's active roster, I'd say that he shouldn't be Plan A going into training camp.

I could be OK with them going to camp with Brohm, Fitzpatrick, some fading veteran and a mid-late round

rookie at QB. Heck, if they want to bring TE in to let him compete, OK too. I don't think that any of them

are the answer, but I'd rather see help brought in to shore up the D and hopefully to find a LT on the OL.

If they can get a LT and build a good-very good D this offseason, they can work on finding a top QB and

some WRs next year.

I think that is the fastest route to competitiveness.

build a good OL and get a 2nd receiver and brohm or trent should be fine. not great but fine. we will have a good running game if Freddie is starting, Lee with Hardy on the outside and steve johnson in the slot isn't bad. FA should focus on any decent RT or LT and another OLB, though I do like having draft around. he's not flashy, but he's pretty consistent.

secondary is good. if schobel doesn't come back, we are effed. He is, despite what anyone on this board says, a game changer. you have to plan for a DE that can consistently get pressure. that's our biggest fear. hopefully a coach like Frazier can coax Schobel into staying, cause that's where we are heading....

While I think Brohm should be given a chance to compete, but looking at the fact that a 2nd round pick couldn't even

stay on GB's active roster, I'd say that he shouldn't be Plan A going into training camp.

I could be OK with them going to camp with Brohm, Fitzpatrick, some fading veteran and a mid-late round

rookie at QB. Heck, if they want to bring TE in to let him compete, OK too. I don't think that any of them

are the answer, but I'd rather see help brought in to shore up the D and hopefully to find a LT on the OL.

If they can get a LT and build a good-very good D this offseason, they can work on finding a top QB and

some WRs next year.

I think that is the fastest route to competitiveness.

1. They felt more comfotable with Flynn for some reason in GB. Who knows why he couldn't make it there.

2. There have been some very good QB's that weren't starters at one point and seemed to have success. Namely Mark Brunnell, Matt Hasselbeck, Steve Young, Matt Cassell, Tony Romo, Tom Terrific, Marc Bulger, and the list could go on. Look at Alex Smith in San Fran. He was horrible for like the past 3 years and this year seems to have started making the turn.

Go ahead you Trentologists, continue to cry out how TE is the next Drew Brees. :blink: But seriously, Brohm deserves atleast a chance to prove his worth. Not saying we shouldn't look into getting a QB, but the kid did fairly well in the one game he started considering he'd been here for a total of 5 weeks and our OL was horrible.