3rd down and ugghh

30dive

I'm happy, I'm happy....really I am......But does anyone else out there feel like vomiting (like I do) everytime our D faces a 3rd and lets say 12 or 17 or 36? It seems to me that we give up alot of first downs when facing these situations.

I'm happy, I'm happy....really I am......But does anyone else out there feel like vomiting (like I do) everytime our D faces a 3rd and lets say 12 or 17 or 36?  It seems to me that we give up alot of first downs when facing these situations.

127849[/snapback]

I'm a little too giddy over numbers like 13 carries for 6 yards (Faulk's numbers) to sweat 3rd down percentages too much.

But does anyone else out there feel like vomiting (like I do) everytime our D faces a 3rd and lets say 12 or 17 or 36? It seems to me that we give up alot of first downs when facing these situations.

I was actually wondering today if we were among the worst teams in getting the stop when we have teams in long yardage situations; although I think more of those conversions have come on 1st/2nd down than on 3rd.

What really drove me nuts is all the defensive penalties on 3rddown today. I don't know how many conversions we ended up handing them but that drives me crazier than almost anything else on a football field and this year our defense seems to have a knack for drawing those calls.