How do you like your crow prepared?

beausox

No one on this board that supports the TEAM and not bledsoe will be eating crow. Bledsoe will NOT lead us to the playoffs. Bledsoe will NEVER win a Superbowl (*) So I am 100% confident no one is eating crow.

(*) Unless he is sitting the bench like RJ did with the Bucs

127989[/snapback]

Do you really believe that JP is even close to ready? The league is such that defense and special team excellence can win out as Long as the off does not beat themselves. JP should be given the reins for good in 2006. in the meantime DB for better or worse

No but I don't know of many that are as directly responsible for losses like Bledsoe is

127983[/snapback]

Like 3 straight 4th down conversions?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

2 other leads in the 4th quarter, only to see it squandered away?

Bledsoe was quite average today. What bothered me is that the Bills scored 20 points in the 3rd quarter mostly thanks to special teams & defense. Three times in the last 7 minutes of the 3rd, the Bills offense had the ball inside the Rams 30 and only managed 2 FG's and a punt. A GOOD offense would have scored at least 13 points instead of 6 (Indianapolis would have scored 21) and the put the game away by the end of the 3rd. The Rams were so bad the score should have been 48-17. Still a win is a win. You can talk about how good Bledsoe still is when the Bills win a road game and he plays decent.

Bledsoe was quite average today. What bothered me is that the Bills scored 20 points in the 3rd quarter mostly thanks to special teams & defense. Three times in the last 7 minutes of the 3rd, the Bills offense had the ball inside the Rams 30 and only managed 2 FG's and a punt. A GOOD offense would have scored at least 13 points instead of 6 (Indianapolis would have scored 21) and the put the game away by the end of the 3rd. The Rams were so bad the score should have been 48-17. Still a win is a win. You can talk about how good Bledsoe still is when the Bills win a road game and he plays decent.

128186[/snapback]

It bothered you that the Bills scored 20 points in a quarrter?

Look, the Bills aren't a good offense. They're an mediocre to barely average one. The defense on the other hand is good and getting better. The special teams are great.

This isn't 1990. This is how the 2004 version of the Bills win. It should be good enough to win a few on the road, especially against the teams left on the schedule.

Nobody has to eat any crow, except for you perhaps.

This is the problem at its essence: If Bledsoe has a decent game, everyone thinks "he's back". He's not. He's still a liability to this team. Even today, he missed a ton of plays. Granted, Moulds didn't give him much help, but Drew has not played at  a truly high level since week 8 of 2002. This was his first 3 TD performance in TWO YEARS. And it came because the Rams' defensive plan was to leave our TEs on LBers and Archuletta, who is a lot like COy WIre in his coverage skills.

Drew hasn't thrown for 300 yards in TWO YEARS. Go around the league and look at every QBs stats...you can't say this about any other QB who's starting right now.

Drew is a great guy who is mentally slow and too easily breaks down into terrible technique. He has a good game every now and then and seduces people into thinking that that's him. No one's eating any crow about Drew. His numbers don't lie. Look at his completion % this year. Look at his TD INT ratio. He has had great protection in the past 5 games and yet his numbers haven't improved.

127688[/snapback]

Absolutely stellar post, nodnarb. I forgot where I read this stat and the details, but it said something to the effect that this is the FIRST game in THREE SEASONS that Bledsoe had anything close to 200 yards passing after the 1st half. Bledsoe has been conspicuously absent, in the stats and QB ratings, leading the team to a victory, and especially in games against his former team. Frankly, he is overpaid and cannot and will not be the style of QB leader that Kelly was.

It hurts for the fan to think that since he had one good year in 2002 that this was be reproducible. Its not, and Bledsoe is finished. While he's not as downright odious of a QB as Feeley or Collins, he is most certainly very mediocre. At some pt, he has/is a liability for the Bills in the QB position.

Enjoy the victory, but this is primarily due to special teams and D. When Bledsoe can show some consistency and good decision making, which has NOT been the case for a good two years now, I may think of changing my opinion on him.

Until then, here's wishing him the very best, but he's clearly not helping this mediocre offense.

The reports of Drews death are greatly exaggerated. Playoff bound, I doubt but the only team the Bills have left on the schedule who overmatch them are the Steelers who , so 9-7 is not impossible. In the meantime will the boo-birds and boycotters take a breath

127660[/snapback]

Sept. 2003, the last road win for the Bills. DB has played like Barney Fife while wearing the white uniform.

Your long term memory is 5 days, max.