We went 6-10 with zero production

I don't why but this thought just crossed my mind. We got absolutely nothing (except maybe a Pats* loss in game 1) out of the last 2 1st rounders and 2nd rounders. McKelvin showed some great flashes as big play maker at both corner and KR before he went out. Hardy showed little, yet still had 2 more tds than guys like Burress and Moulds had as rookies. Maybin missed camp and did nothing, but is the 2nd youngest player in the NFL.

There are 2 thoughts about this. 1) These guys are terrible draft picks and huge busts or 2) if we get anything from any of these guys this year, it will be an enoromous plus. McKelvin at the very least would upgrade the KRs. Between him, Florrence, and McGee, I don't know if there are a better trio of corners in the NFL. Hardy, at the very least, is another big target to go with Nelson. Supposedly, he followed TO around and hopefully picked up some of his work habits.

Obviously, a lot of people are down on Maybin. Still, he is only a 21 year old with limited experience. He will have a full offseason of activites. Natural body progression will see him put on weight. Combine any type of production with a draft class that has 9 selections this year, we could have a very good core of young players to build around. I apologize for being optimist. It's helps get me through the winter. :thumbsup:

I don't why but this thought just crossed my mind. We got absolutely nothing (except maybe a Pats* loss in game 1) out of the last 2 1st rounders and 2nd rounders. McKelvin showed some great flashes as big play maker at both corner and KR before he went out. Hardy showed little, yet still had 2 more tds than guys like Burress and Moulds had as rookies. Maybin missed camp and did nothing, but is the 2nd youngest player in the NFL.

There are 2 thoughts about this. 1) These guys are terrible draft picks and huge busts or 2) if we get anything from any of these guys this year, it will be an enoromous plus. McKelvin at the very least would upgrade the KRs. Between him, Florrence, and McGee, I don't know if there are a better trio of corners in the NFL. Hardy, at the very least, is another big target to go with Nelson. Supposedly, he followed TO around and hopefully picked up some of his work habits.

Obviously, a lot of people are down on Maybin. Still, he is only a 21 year old with limited experience. He will have a full offseason of activites. Natural body progression will see him put on weight. Combine any type of production with a draft class that has 9 selections this year, we could have a very good core of young players to build around. I apologize for being optimist. It's helps get me through the winter. :thumbsup:

see, all this is why I seriously maintain that with a decent coach and a couple better players we are looking at a playoff team. Bills seem so hopeless, but its kind of almost there. Really is.

Optimistic but still rational; I'll take it. I find the the Pollyanna posts (Brian Brohm is the future!) to be much more depressing that the super-negative ones. If delusion is the only hope we have, why even bother?