ARE there official and unofficial coaching interviews going on?

Poeticlaw

Sitting here thinking about it all. First thing is we only OFFICIALLY interviewed Fewell and Frazier. Cower is said to have had "stealth meetings" nothing concrete not considered an official interview. The question then becomes is the Bills keeping their coaching search under wraps? Usually by now we would have a list of candidates and when the would be scheduled to interview then hear from them after the interview about the position. One week and NOTHING.

Which could lead me to believe that the rumor about coaches are potentially true. If thats the case then we have been turned down by more coaches then we "offically interviewed".

I know everyones screaming for Cowher and personally he was mt firs choice and I saw him fitting well in Buffalo but if his rumors are true first snubbing us for an interview after Jauron was fired statin he wantsto wait until teams have a head coach vacancy while in fact we did have on Fewell is the "intrim" not "THE" head coach. It also seems like he wants to use us as leverage to get the team he does want and if thats the case he doesnt want to be here and if he took the job it would be for the wrong reasons because his heart wouldnt be in Buffalo his wallet would and thats not the type of coach I want here.

Since Cowher is pissing me off Billick is my choice whether hes been contacted or not he is advocating for the BIlls Job he wants to be here and I want a guy who wants to be here. I watched his hard knocks season and I liked him regardless of his QB situation he has done well and comes with a winning record and knows how to win a superbowl with a noodled arm QB.

I would just like to hear potetnial suitors from the Bills and when they are coming so I coud feel more confident about their coaching search.

I think they can basically keep it all under wraps.

a few points:

1. with Fewell, officially interviewing him was something the team had promised him, and it was also a way to help him raise his profile in the league. It also fulfilled the Rooney rule, but that ended being moot anyway with Frazier.

2. With Frazier, I think it had to be an "official" interview because his team is still alive and league rules dictate a certain procedure in these circumstances.

also keep in mind that the Redskins didn't have any kind of official interview with Shanahan until it was basically a foregone conclusion that he was the one being hired

a few points:

1. with Fewell, officially interviewing him was something the team had promised him, and it was also a way to help him raise his profile in the league. It also fulfilled the Rooney rule, but that ended being moot anyway with Frazier.

2. With Frazier, I think it had to be an "official" interview because his team is still alive and league rules dictate a certain procedure in these circumstances.

also keep in mind that the Redskins didn't have any kind of official interview with Shanahan until it was basically a foregone conclusion that he was the one being hired

I think your post is dead on. Plus, in any business, what purpose does it serve to make interviews and negiotations public knowledge? Why would you want it to get out that you are interviewing such and such candidate for the job? It sucks as fans but it makes a ton of sense for the organization not to say a word until everything is done.

a few points:

Side question, who did Redskins interview to satisfy Rooney Rule?