It's Not Buffalo...

TheZone78

it is so glaringly obvious that people don't want to deal with ralph and his erratic cluelessness.

here's a prediction: people will be mocking buddy nix's comment that he's not "the smartest guy in the room" for years to come...and he will come to be known as just another of ralph's senile short-sighted blunders.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget that RW fired Wade for not firing is ST coach.....no doubt he needed firing, but don't you think a coach coming in will remember that and wonder if RW will start telling him who to fire and who to keep?

Actually I don't blame Wade, as video has shown that right before the "homejob Throwup" that the ST coordinator told everyone about the potential for that play and to stay in there lanes. The blame on that rests squarely with Daryl Porter who blew his assignment.

We'll never know about Polian now will we. One could speculate that he has spent his time with three small market teams in Indy, Buffalo and Carolina. So why wouldn't he still be here?

Butler did screw up the salary cap and let the offensive line deteriorate but Ralph could have kept Smith if he offered him the GM role. Or at least increased the probability of keeping him.

Why not? Because eventually he would have had the same salary cap issue as Butler, and he would have wanted a new challenge. It's really not that hard.

If this is true, then why do guys sign in Oakland, or Washington, or Dallas?

Al Davis is even crazier then Ralph and run that team further into the ground. Snyder is even more meddling and has less respect for his staff. Jerry Jones is almost as meddling as Snyder.

Everyone wants to have someone to blame and its come down to facing Ralph, who has alot of respect throughout the league. How many times do you hear guys leave Buffalo and have bad things to say about the front office or coaches? Face it, the City of Buffalo is not an attractive city. Theres nothing there, its poor and small market.

Actually I don't blame Wade, as video has shown that right before the "homejob Throwup" that the ST coordinator told everyone about the potential for that play and to stay in there lanes. The blame on that rests squarely with Daryl Porter who blew his assignment.

Wasn't Bruce DeHaven the special teams coach?

Why not? Because eventually he would have had the same salary cap issue as Butler, and he would have wanted a new challenge. It's really not that hard.

Rrrrrrright....because Polian would have managed the Bills EXACTLY the same way Butler did.

Would Polian have signed guys like Jerry Ostroski to almost 4 million per year? I don't think so.

We'll never know about Polian now will we. One could speculate that he has spent his time with three small market teams in Indy, Buffalo and Carolina. So why wouldn't he still be here?

Butler did screw up the salary cap and let the offensive line deteriorate but Ralph could have kept Smith if he offered him the GM role. Or at least increased the probability of keeping him.

Ralph actually wanted AJ Smith to take the job but his face was so stuck up Butler's ass that he wouldn't interview for the job

don't forget that RW fired Wade for not firing is ST coach.....no doubt he needed firing, but don't you think a coach coming in will remember that and wonder if RW will start telling him who to fire and who to keep?

considering how bad a coach Ronnie Jones was, most head coaches would've fired him before Ralph even got a chance to say anything

different coach

Bruce DeHaven was still the special teams coach for that debacle...Wade fired him after that and brought in Ronnie Jones, who had no clue what he was doing as special teams coach...but he was Wade's buddy so that didn't matter

you don't know that!

Actually, yes I do. Because every one of the great teams of the 1990s---Bills, Niners, Chiefs, even briefly the Cowboys—had cap problems after trying to hold their teams together.

I am not saying that it is all fine and good that Polian left in 1993, but I do think that those who mourn his departure [EDIT: should] show some historical sense. He didn't stay in Carolina forever, did he?

Ralph and his dedication to mediocrity is what is repelling the search for a quality coach at this point. Any owner that runs the likes of Bill Polian and A.J. Smith out of town is a loser.

I'm just as frustrated as we all are but unfortunately the word excellence does not exist at One Bills Drive.

It's obvious this organization is run by the Accountants and not what's best for the football field.

I don't know where they go from here. Hopefully they dedicate themselves to building a first class front office. Until then, I remain very pessimistic of seeing a winner in Buffalo any time soon.

How do you really feel?

If this is true, then why do guys sign in Oakland, or Washington, or Dallas?

Al Davis is even crazier then Ralph and run that team further into the ground. Snyder is even more meddling and has less respect for his staff. Jerry Jones is almost as meddling as Snyder.

Everyone wants to have someone to blame and its come down to facing Ralph, who has alot of respect throughout the league. How many times do you hear guys leave Buffalo and have bad things to say about the front office or coaches? Face it, the City of Buffalo is not an attractive city. Theres nothing there, its poor and small market.

Snyder and Jones want to win by their actions. They just don't understand that their fat ego is the problem. Snyder has finally figured that out with Allen and Shananan.

Not Polian, he is a football GM god and can make no mistake. I guess it must be just as hard for the Panthers to get people to come there, they let his holyness go too

Snyder and Jones want to win by their actions. They just don't understand that their fat ego is the problem. Snyder has finally figured that out with Allen and Shananan.

has he? He just hired them, lets wait and see if he just sits back and let them do their jobs

Jones and Snyder are also in markets where money is no object, they can spend all they want and not have to worry about being in a small market and bankrupting the franchise

has he? He just hired them, lets wait and see if he just sits back and let them do their jobs

Jones and Snyder are also in markets where money is no object, they can spend all they want and not have to worry about being in a small market and bankrupting the franchise

Do you recall when Levy was made the "GM"...Levy was using words like "Winning the Superbowl"...Ralph was using words like "Improving the product"...do you find that a little odd?

I do think that Ralph has finally changed as they are targetting Cowher and will open up the wallet, but the reputation of the club has been tarnished over the 5 years or so by utter incompetence in management. That in my opinion is driving people away which leads me back to my original point.

Somebody like Snyder wouldn't keep an imbecile like Zorn around for "continuity purposes". Snyder would have paid a Pro Bowl LT...etc...etc...

PS - Thanks RJ you've gotten me to defend Daniel Fricken Snyder. LOL

Do you recall when Levy was made the "GM"...Levy was using words like "Winning the Superbowl"...Ralph was using words like "Improving the product"...do you find that a little odd?

I do think that Ralph has finally changed as they are targetting Cowher and will open up the wallet, but the reputation of the club has been tarnished over the 5 years or so by utter incompetence in management. That in my opinion is driving people away which leads me back to my original point.

Somebody like Snyder wouldn't keep an imbecile Zorn around for "continuity purposes". Snyder would have paid a Pro Bowl LT...etc...etc...

PS - Thanks RJ you've gotten me to defend Daniel Fricken Snyder. LOL

Here Zone... take my hand... you can come back from the Dark Side. :thumbdown:

Here Zone... take my hand... you can come back from the Dark Side. :thumbdown:

I think I just might!!! It's scary over here.

Anyways, let us both hope to God that Cowher is just waiting to see if any other vacancies open up before "settling" for Buffalo.