T.O.'s Games with Reception streak

BobbyC81

After watching this last game and seeing how the Colts helped both Reggie Wayne & Dallas Clark each get 100 receptions for the season and the Bills made a point of getting Fred Jackson to 1,000 yards rushing, it again crossed my mind what a disgrace it was that the Bills coaching staff let T.O.'s "Consecutive Games with a Reception Streak" end.

All they had to do is throw him a flanker screen, even if it didn't gain anything. This was another point of how clueless Jauron was.

Detractors can say the game was more important than individual statstics but there was no reason you couldn't do both.

Living in the SF Bay Area during Jerry Rice's time with both the Niners & Raiders, I saw many games at the end of Rice's career where the coaching staff got him the ball early to continue his streak and a few times he didn't catch another ball in the game.

I actually was impressed with Owens behavior this season compared to how he's been in the past. It is amazing that he didn't react when his streak was ended by the clueless Bills staff.

Even more amazing was Trent Edwards in the post-game press conference saying he "was not aware" of the streak. $#$%&*@ amazing. I totally lost respect for Edwards on that day. And the game is NOT about personal records and IS about winning, but to just be UNAWARE that YOUR receiver has an amazing string of games with at least one catch going spanning over multiple seasons is just unfathomable to me.