Texas Tech HC position

Cynical

It will be interesting to see where the Tech program goes from here. The more info that comes out,the more it looks like Leach may have done nothing wrong. And that the Tech administration may be using this alleged incident as an excuse to fire him. They weren't happy with the way Leach openly flirted with other job opportunities in the past. If that's the case I think they may come to regret it. Leach took that program to a level of success that will be hard to replace,imo. I can't believe that Tech fans can be very excited about hiring a guy like Tuberville.

It will be interesting to see where the Tech program goes from here. The more info that comes out,the more it looks like Leach may have done nothing wrong. And that the Tech administration may be using this alleged incident as an excuse to fire him. They weren't happy with the way Leach openly flirted with other job opportunities in the past. If that's the case I think they may come to regret it. Leach took that program to a level of success that will be hard to replace,imo. I can't believe that Tech fans can be very excited about hiring a guy like Tuberville.

Tuberville might actually be a better coach than Leach.

Tuberville might actually be a better coach than Leach.

You really think so? I don't know. My initial impression of Tuberville was not very good. Then I did a little research and he did have a pretty good W-L record at Auburn. Better than I had thought. Still,Leach really had made Tech into a very exciting,fun to watch team. I must defer to your knowledge of Southern football. :thumbsup: What do you think a Tuberville coached TT team would look like?

EDIT: ESPN is reporting Tuberville's got the job.

You really think so? I don't know. My initial impression of Tuberville was not very good. Then I did a little research and he did have a pretty good W-L record at Auburn. Better than I had thought. Still,Leach really had made Tech into a very exciting,fun to watch team. I must defer to your knowledge of Southern football. :lol: What do you think a Tuberville coached TT team would look like?

EDIT: ESPN is reporting Tuberville's got the job.

Tubby is the new HC @ Tech.

Should be interesting. Tubby is more of a defensive guy, but is willing to gamble offensively.

During his tenure at Auburn, Tubby's offense have varied from a smash mouth power running to a wide open spread option.

Tubby has stated he wants to continue the offensive style Leach has created. If he can pull that off, and install his style of defense, Texas Tech could become a major PITA to Texas and Oklahoma.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.