How do the Bills have 5 wins?

Just because people keep saying that Pittsburgh had their backups in, doesn't make it true.

They had their entire starting OL playing. The "backup" HB was Willie Parker, who turned out to be pretty darn good. They also had some defensive starters playing. They didn't really rest very many players in that game.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Our OL didn't even look half bad to start the season - until they all started dropping like flies, and then their backups started dropping like flies. We had a safety playing LB for a good chunk of the season! Injuries killed the team.

Our OL didn't even look half bad? What are you smokin? Our OL looked pathetic to start the season and then got worse each week. We started basically 3 rookies, 1 career backup and Butler. They didn't look half bad, they looked whole bad.

Maybe you were hoping they looked good by midseason but cmon they sucked from day one.

So the win over Miami was the only legitimate victory?

They just lost their big starting nose tackle the week before....

Really, that was our only real win. What win have you been happy with? All the others I walked away saying "We shouldnt have won that game...."

And no I never thought the opposite after one game this year, not even the NE opener.

Just because people keep saying that Pittsburgh had their backups in, doesn't make it true.

They had their entire starting OL playing. The "backup" HB was Willie Parker, who turned out to be pretty darn good. They also had some defensive starters playing. They didn't really rest very many players in that game.

Two words: Tommy Maddox

Our OL didn't even look half bad? What are you smokin? Our OL looked pathetic to start the season and then got worse each week. We started basically 3 rookies, 1 career backup and Butler. They didn't look half bad, they looked whole bad.

Maybe you were hoping they looked good by midseason but cmon they sucked from day one.

I wouldn't go that far. The interior of the line showed some promise, and Butler did a decent (but not spectacular) job at RT. The offensive linemen demonstrated good mobility and agility in the running game, when they ran down the field to make blocks. But pass protection was more iffy. As was the level of Bell's play.

Now Butler is out on IR, Bell regressed before getting hurt, and more recently there have been other injuries like Wood's. The line's a shambles right now, but there had been some positives early on, and especially in the New England game. I'll grant that the pass protection was never all that great though.

Most of you seem to think the Bills are very close to the St Louis Rams or the Detroit Lions in terms of talent and players, they are ahead of those teams talent wise in skill positions. It is the O line that screwed this years team.

Had the front office and Dick Jauron drafted a replacement for Jason Peters instead of wasting that pick on Maybin, the entire season could be different. Look at what Michael Oher has done for Baltimore, or Loadholt who is also starting.

Yes injuries were a part of the season, but you gotta know that starting so many new players and rookies on the offensive line was a huge mistake. Had the Bills brought in Levi Jones as a free agent and played him the O line would have been much better. Had they kept Dockery, Walker or Peters the line would have performed better and the team would have been able to run and pass more effectively.

Most of the fans were complaining before the season even started that the line was an obvious weakness. During the off season the NFL analysts were all stating a strong concern about the O line.It seems everyone except the front office and coaches knew it was going to be a rough year for Buffalo Bills QB's.

Because there are about 7 good teams in the NFL and the rest suck as bad as we do.

sounds like you'll be renewing your season tickets next year no matter what the bills do (along with 50,000 others). I wish I was ralph wilson. smartest business guy in the world. his fans rationalize everything away and keep coming out..

Most of you seem to think the Bills are very close to the St Louis Rams or the Detroit Lions in terms of talent and players, they are ahead of those teams talent wise in skill positions. It is the O line that screwed this years team.

Had the front office and Dick Jauron drafted a replacement for Jason Peters instead of wasting that pick on Maybin, the entire season could be different. Look at what Michael Oher has done for Baltimore, or Loadholt who is also starting.

Yes injuries were a part of the season, but you gotta know that starting so many new players and rookies on the offensive line was a huge mistake. Had the Bills brought in Levi Jones as a free agent and played him the O line would have been much better. Had they kept Dockery, Walker or Peters the line would have performed better and the team would have been able to run and pass more effectively.

Most of the fans were complaining before the season even started that the line was an obvious weakness. During the off season the NFL analysts were all stating a strong concern about the O line.It seems everyone except the front office and coaches knew it was going to be a rough year for Buffalo Bills QB's.

I get most of your point but I don't agree with your point about the oline. Our oline sucked last year. Peters is still the same guy who suffers from injuries and gets beat for a sack/ fumble every other game. The Eagles aren't winning because of here. They are winning because they have a franchise QB and were already a good team before. Dockery is the same soft player he was here and is part of a bad oline in Washington. Walker, who we did screw here, still don't show up in the best of shape by all accounts.

In their minds (and obviously it showed itself not to be true), the Bills had a plan. DE was a bigger need at draft time. I believe either Denney or Kelsay would have been cut if Maybin showed up and had a good camp. As for LT, Walker was the plan and Bell was the future. However, Walker was really bad and Bell showed enough to be thoguht he could start at this level. As for looking at Oher now, there were a ton of questions about his work ethic and dedication to the game. We weren't the only team to pass over him they needed help at tackle.

Bottomline, this choices all turned out wrong. But they did IMO have a plan. It was the wrong one but I really don't think an oline would have made much difference on this team. We have a team of backup QBs and that can only get you so far.

I get most of your point but I don't agree with your point about the oline. Our oline sucked last year. Peters is still the same guy who suffers from injuries and gets beat for a sack/ fumble every other game. The Eagles aren't winning because of here. They are winning because they have a franchise QB and were already a good team before. Dockery is the same soft player he was here and is part of a bad oline in Washington. Walker, who we did screw here, still don't show up in the best of shape by all accounts.

In their minds (and obviously it showed itself not to be true), the Bills had a plan. DE was a bigger need at draft time. I believe either Denney or Kelsay would have been cut if Maybin showed up and had a good camp. As for LT, Walker was the plan and Bell was the future. However, Walker was really bad and Bell showed enough to be thoguht he could start at this level. As for looking at Oher now, there were a ton of questions about his work ethic and dedication to the game. We weren't the only team to pass over him they needed help at tackle.

Bottomline, this choices all turned out wrong. But they did IMO have a plan. It was the wrong one but I really don't think an oline would have made much difference on this team. We have a team of backup QBs and that can only get you so far.

Dick Jauron is the biggest moron this franchise has ever seen as head coach and it showed almost everywhere he made a choice.

The O line was horrid last season in the middle, Kris Jenkins tore the guards and center a new one every time they tried to triple team him. Who thought those three could get the job done in the first place tho? So he was correcting mistakes he made earlier.

The O line coach Jim McNally retires and Jauron promotes an assistant to be O line coach. Now the high priced linemen come to camp fat and overweight and their not held responsible for their conditioning?

Seems to me the line has regressed under the new line coach and nobody notices this, so they just find excuses to cut and trade decent players.

I say almost about Jauron because he did manage to find a center in free agency and a guard in the draft. But then most other teams don't spend 1st and 2nd round draft picks on guards, they usually can find decent guards in the later rounds, 1st-2nd round picks are for drafting tackles.

This whole offense was screwed from the start, the OC should have been replaced in the off season with an experienced coordinator. How does Jauron keep that moron Schonert after the play calling last season, Jets and 49ers games come to my mind first.

I happen to think the entire season rests on the shoulders of the offensive line, the better they play, the better the entire offense does in both running and passing.

Play action pass plays only work if a team can actually run the ball effectively, which the Bills couldn't open holes very well at all, I think Fred Jackson did most of the ground game on his own.

Even in max protection packages the line couldn't sustain a block without holding, both tackle positions were particularly bad all season. Every QB the Bills put behind that crappy line would be running for his life at some point, most saw this in the preseason. No QB in the league could make that line look good.

the interior of the line is set for years. right now we need to find out if butler is the answer at rt and draft a lt.... probably in rd 2 we can take trent williams and in rd 3 we can take 6-9 335 ryan young.

An excellent idea. The Bills have had plenty of success with guys named Williams, most notably Mike Williams and Gregg Williams. For that matter, they've had success with guys named Trent. So if you could combine the two names into one guy . . .

Okay, I'm just messing around here. I don't follow college ball well enough to know who Trent Williams is. That said, I do like the idea of taking a LT with our first or second round pick.