All of Bills Front Office moves were WRONG this year

Chuckknox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Improving the pass rush was not a bad idea. Of course, they didn't do that. They got a "great first step" and 0 production which helped Dick Jauron get carried out of the building by the Sayonara Boys mid-season.

Exactly right. This organization has its head so far up its ass, its unbelievable. I mean look at the last dozen first round picks. I can name 2-3 that are decent. Otherwise its a joke. Its almost unbelievable that they could do this badly. I'd rather use Mel Kiper's draft board, or pick names out of a hat. Unless you draft reasonably well, there is NO WAY to build a winning football team. That means drafting not only the right players, but the right positions. I could go on for hours, but unless Ralph kicks the bucket, or blows up the ENTIRE front office. This team is going no where. They have nothing to build on other than maybe Wood and Levitre and the secondary. There are SO many holes that it will take at least 2 more offseasons to get things back on track, that is even with the right people in charge and making all the right decisions.

Heck, they could easily be worse next year. Anyone want to argue otherwise?

Exactly right. This organization has its head so far up its ass, its unbelievable. I mean look at the last dozen first round picks. I can name 2-3 that are decent. Otherwise its a joke. Its almost unbelievable that they could do this badly. I'd rather use Mel Kiper's draft board, or pick names out of a hat. Unless you draft reasonably well, there is NO WAY to build a winning football team. That means drafting not only the right players, but the right positions. I could go on for hours, but unless Ralph kicks the bucket, or blows up the ENTIRE front office. This team is going no where. They have nothing to build on other than maybe Wood and Levitre and the secondary. There are SO many holes that it will take at least 2 more offseasons to get things back on track, that is even with the right people in charge and making all the right decisions.

Heck, they could easily be worse next year. Anyone want to argue otherwise?

Unfortunately for the Bills you are correct.

Wrong Moves:

Not signing Vet QB

Trading Jason Peters

Cutting Dockery and Walker

Drafting Maybin

Right Moves:

Drafting Wood (with pick obtained by trading Peters)

Drafting Byrd

Drafting Levitre

Drafting Nelson (with pick obtained by trading Peters)

Signing TO

Not re-signing JP

Id add not resigning Greer as a bad move also

I dunno, I thought the Drayton Florence pickup was a good one. So was Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, Nelson, and Byrd, for that matter.

Giving Jackson his extension was also pretty smart.

Same for Evans.

Oh, and McGee too.

exactly

There is a difference between expecting and needing. Everyone knew Maybin was a project, and anyone who expected a good rookie year was, frankly, ignorant. Maybin was drafted for long term development, and has rare speed and athleticism, which is why he was such a highly rated prospect.

Maybin may be a bust, or he might be the next Jason Taylor, but evaluating him now is idiotic. The kid might never be any good, but he has the talent to be a perennial sack leader.

I think drafting a 'project', which inherently makes him a higher risk, was a bad decision for a team with glaring and immediate needs all over the field.

This team simply has no plan and no clue how to create one.

So are people upset about Byrd, Levitre, Woods and Nelson? If those 4 continue to develop that is an excellent draft.

Getting rid of Dockery is fine.....way overpaid for his production. L Walker really lost it over the past year so I have absolutely no problem with that move.

Maybin vs Orakpo....lots of people had them pretty equivalent in terms of prospects and there was concern about Orakpo coming from Texas and the higher than usual rate of poor translation of Texas players to the NFL. For year one Orakpo is far and away the better player. But give Maybin a chance people....the guy is 21 years old!!! Let him develop, get stronger and learn the game. He is a sensational athlete. Give him time.

If you can get 3-4 starters in a draft you are doing a great job. The Bills have a legitimate Defensive ROTY candidate in Byrd so people happy about that and give the Bills credit.

The worst draft the Bills ever had was Butler's last draft. Go back and look at Polian's drafts and overall were very average for the Bills.

You need to take the good with the bad....the biggest problem with the Bills is the QB position and after the way Trent played last year nobody was going to go out and replace him as he looked like an up and coming QB.....that was also the consensus around the league.

If Maybin develops into a Schobel like player would people be happy? I certainly would!