Who is going to fix this team?

jahnyc

If we are rebuilding again (and I hope we are not) why should TD get another opportunity? He had his chance to draft, sign free agents and choose two head coaches. No GM should get the chance to rebuild twice after failing to have any success after the first rebuilding.

What is wrong with this team? Is it the coaching, the talent, the QB, the o-line, the drafting, the leadership? We need someone who can do an honest evaluation of all of these things and then make whatever moves are necessary to fix them.

If we are rebuilding again (and I hope we are not) why should TD get another opportunity?  He had his chance to draft, sign free agents and choose two head coaches.  No GM should get the chance to rebuild twice after failing to have any success after the first rebuilding.

What is wrong with this team?  Is it the coaching, the talent, the QB, the o-line, the drafting, the leadership?  We need someone who can do an honest evaluation of all of these things and then make whatever moves are necessary to fix them.

125767[/snapback]

Who would you replace him with?

I am not saying that we are rebuilding, but I don't have a great feeling about the near term with a young, inexperience qb, Moulds maybe wanting out, a bunch of free agents (Jennings and P. Williams), no number one pick next year, and questionnable talent to replace our free agents.

As to who should replace TD, I must admit that I really have no idea. Scott Pioli would be great, but he won't come here. Isn't there a guy (Savage?) well thought of in Baltimore?

I am not saying that we are rebuilding, but I don't have a great feeling about the near term with a young, inexperience qb, Moulds maybe wanting out, a bunch of free agents (Jennings and P. Williams), no number one pick next year, and questionnable talent to replace our free agents.

As to who should replace TD, I must admit that I really have no idea.  Scott Pioli would be great, but he won't come here.  Isn't there a guy (Savage?) well thought of in Baltimore?

126085[/snapback]

When you start a rookie RB (And for all purposes WM is a rookie) a rookie WR and soon a Rookie QB...folks you are rebuilding

Rookie runningback? This year McGahee is considered a rookie, next year he is not.

Rookie WR? Eric Moulds will still be on the team next year, I gurantee that.

A 2nd year/rookie quarterback will be starting next year but, that doesn't mean we are rebuilding.

126089[/snapback]

Sure we are. Top 3 positions are ROOKIES. I don't see Moulds here. Maybe an extention, but he isn't worth 8 mill per year.

We are not in a rebuilding mode and anybody who thinks we are is an idiot! All we need is a QB,RG, FS,C,LDE,LG,CB,WR,Slot R.....and probably a waterboy.

I don't see your logic here.

Why do you consider McGahee a rookie next year?

Moulds is making 5.5 Million, not 8 million. You honestly think Moulds is gong to demmand a trade? Because, I don't think he will and, I don't think Donahoes stupid enough to release him because of his salary.

126100[/snapback]

WM is a rookie NOW, Evans NOW, JP Now. Guess what? in two weeks or so we are starting all of them. Hense you are starting ROOKIES at all of your top positions. You ARE Rebuilding. Even as 2nd year men, you are rebuilding.

Moulds contract is worth 8 mill next season. He isn't worth it. Will he demand a trade, most likely so. If not, he won't see an 8 mill cap number I am willing to put money on that one. 8 mill for a WR? Not gonna happen, If TD is one thing he is anal about our cap space. Hell bedsore only makes 6 mill.

I think that since qbs and wrs take generally take so long to develop, it is not unreasonable to consider them equivalent to rookies in their second year. It will help Losman and Evans to have some starts this year, but their development may be a slow process. Rookie rbs can contribute immediately, but it takes time for them to develop blitz pick-up etc.

It seems to me that too much of our future is going to hinge on the development and play of Losman. That makes me very uncomfortable.