A guy who doesn't come up nearly often enough

The Big Cat

Is that a pretty good flick? I've had it in my Netflix queue forever.

Never seen it. Was just doing the compulsory Eric Roberts Youtube rounds.

Generally speaking Mickey Rourke was popular during a time when I was way too young to have any interest in his films (Pope of GVig came out the year I was born). His comeback in The Wrestler meant nothing to me.

Never seen it. Was just doing the compulsory Eric Roberts Youtube rounds.

Generally speaking Mickey Rourke was popular during a time when I was way too young to have any interest in his films (Pope of GVig came out the year I was born). His comeback in The Wrestler meant nothing to me.

Do yourself a favor...if you have never seen the movie "Diner", rent it asap. Besides being a Christmas movie (sort of) and a backdrop of football obsession, it is an excellent film. I don't recall if it was Mickey's first movie, but it was one of his very first. He was a terrific actor, before he lost his mind. It's a shame that his looks, now, will keep him from making really great movies (I didn't think The Wreslter was that great, other than Marissa Tomei's ta-ta's) that require the acting that he is capable of. Also stars a young Kevin Bacon (also great in this film), Daniel Stern, and Steve Guttenburg. One of my all-time favorites.

Do yourself a favor...if you have never seen the movie "Diner", rent it asap. Besides being a Christmas movie (sort of) and a backdrop of football obsession, it is an excellent film. I don't recall if it was Mickey's first movie, but it was one of his very first. He was a terrific actor, before he lost his mind. It's a shame that his looks, now, will keep him from making really great movies (I didn't think The Wreslter was that great, other than Marissa Tomei's ta-ta's) that require the acting that he is capable of. Also stars a young Kevin Bacon (also great in this film), Daniel Stern, and Steve Guttenburg. One of my all-time favorites.

Thanks for the tip!

Definitely a guy's film. We wore out the VHS tape of it in college.

It provides plenty of great lines besides just "They took my thumb!!" :rolleyes:

cool, thx...I'm gonna check it out

Jebus - he has over 180 acting credits on IMDB including his masterful performace as Buffalo Narcotics Detective Kit Adrian in Stiletto Dance.

I got sucked into that movie one late night/early morning. Anytime you're flipping around the cable channels and come upon a scene where Yaphet Kotto is doing a scene with Eric Roberts in South Buffalo near Graybar, you stop and watch. That's one of my rules, anyway. If the plot involves the Russian Mob, all the better. :rolleyes: